Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mapvember 2016

A challenge, no doubt! I would never have the time for this, especially in november... The first one is excellent. Good Luck!

Thanks Ilanthar ! The quality is doomed to fade as life takes away some time ... Nonetheless, today is the 3rd of Mapvember !! Topic : look at the tittle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapvember 3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	404.5 KB 
ID:	89129

"Barbara has just been rescued from the mad priests of the god Tlaco by her faithful Barnaby Thornton ! Their only chance of survival is downwards. Will they survive the dread that await us in the bowels of the earth ? Will they survive the Descent ?!!"

Done with a 0.3 pigment pen on charcoal paper in 2h30 and a little bit of photoshop for cleaning. The original file is twice bigger.

I'm bored with cross hatching, whatever I draw for tomorrow, it'll be regional.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 11-03-2016 at 02:16 PM.

That must be a pretty smooth ride to draw these, I did a sketch on the airplane the other day and the bumps and people in front/back moving the seats drove me crazy. I really like this one - keep on truckin!

Map

Thanks snodsy ! For this one, I had the chance to draw on a steady table with no rail bumps.

Last night was tough, I couldn't find sleep so I grabbed my sketchpad and my pens. Added a pinch of color this morning with PS to separate see from land ... and sky. It's far from perfect, some forests are a bit odd and the canopy isn't consistent but it's promising. I really like it and will sure go back to it full digital !

Behold the 4th of Mapvember !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapvember 4.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	511.0 KB 
ID:	89143

EDIT : I fixed one of the northern forest patch that was empty ...
    Last edited by ThomasR; 11-04-2016 at 12:57 PM.

The quality is doomed to fade as life takes away some time
    Sorry to disagree with you, but the quality is not declining . This last one is excellent!

Thanks Ilanthar. I was practicing drawing mountains and got that bulky chunk of rocks and the map popped before my eyes. Drew some coasts then tapered them some more, added rivers and the idea of the curved horizon came as an evidence (thanks to my long watch of J.Edwards "The Thurian Age"). I was so thrilled to have done it that I definitely couldn't sleep ! So, I kept drawing. The next ones will be more simple, I've got another commission to cook, it has to come first. And for that piece, I'm not done with it again

A very ambitions challenge indeed! And you are off to a great start. Very nice work on these map-per-day pieces. I look forward to seeing more of them.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great work again Thom, it's nice to see you try so many new things, very inspirational. I don't have half he time I'd need to join a challenge like this but it's great to watch you take on it instead! ;p

-Dan

Thanks Arsheesh and John ! I'm glad to have your view on this. I hope to keep a study flow but commission work comes first and I'm currently working on a map that's pretty time consuming in the canopy department.

Dan, thanks a lot too, glad to be able to inspire someone with your skills Time-wise, believe me, I feel you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast