Thread: Planetary Station/City Map

Default Planetary Station/City Map

Okay, decided I wanted to create a planetary station, or city on possibly an airless, or exotic atmosphere world with starbase, geothermal plant, water purification system, atmosphere processing, habitat dome or other complex, perhaps a sky elevator. Then create interior encounter scale maps of specific areas within the larger complex for multiple game uses. So far, I've just created the terrain.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet-station.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	89150
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Update to the planetary station/city map. I've created some 3D objects, though the domes too are 3D, I created those a long time ago. On the south end is a geo-thermal power plant, surrounding the smaller dome is a structure serving as corporate/government headquarters, hospital, schools, etc. The smaller structures with the 8 connecting towers are habitat areas. I still plan to place a variety of beveled vector shapes for other bulidings, then platforms and tubes for a tram and glass enclosed walkway. Then I'll make a star port area... moving right along.

GP

Name:	planetary-station-update.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	89169
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I should have waited until I got to this point before I posted last. I didn't think I'd get this far tonight. I'm deciding that the whole planetary station/city view is now complete. Next I'm going to create encounter scale areas within this planetary complex. The "piping" around the city is an elevated tram way with walkways along its length for pedestrians. I'm calling this Brahe Station.

GP

Name:	planetary-station-updated.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	89170
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

nice but if it is an airless body it will have a LOT of little craters
    ( they are a pain to make)

an example might be this render of "The lonely mountain" on the minor body Ceres
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Perhaps, but I imagined a gas giant in the next orbit that might be attracted rogue celestial bodies to it, rather than this airless moon or planet that the station is located.
    DrivethruRPG store

Planetary station: the large dome is the "business district" or "down town" area with various shops, bank, restaurants, hotel, night clubs and other venues. A corporate headquarters is in the center tower which is 20 stories high. The dome's diameter is 750 feet for scale.

GP

Name:	large-dome-planetary-station.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	89223
    DrivethruRPG store

See the domed downtown area I just created, well wanting something encounter scale for this. Looking at the smaller structures on the outer ring of buildings. Choosing the one on the southwest corner, I created an interior layout and floorplan. I planned on placing furnishings like tables, chairs, desks, etc. (for a restaurant at top right, bar top left, store center left, office/store center right and a repair shop bottom), but then thought, naw, you can put whatever you want in them to make them as you need it with your own furnishings. I did still place restrooms and the elevator - the rest is up to you!

GP

Name:	planetary-station-dome-outer.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	89240
    DrivethruRPG store