Thread: The old watch Inn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Of course, you're welcome ! And thanks for your kind words !
    It's funny how's perception : I found most of my work sloppy ... I know that I could be a lot more thorough in drawing the details, and I see in every of my maps all the places where my stroke is not finished, where the colors does not fill completely the surface, and so on...
    I still have that crazy idea that someday I'll be patient enough to carry all my attention to every stroke in a map, and that I'll take all the time needed, without impatiently jumping to the fellowing step (just to see how it'll looks...)... Someday, maybe... meanwhile, I have too much ideas, too much maps waiting in my head to be drawn and never enough time...
    I guess it's more or less the same for anyone ?
    Haha, yeah, I think you've summed it up pretty well. Almost all of my maps, I can see something I've done in a rush, something not quite right, something where I think I've mashed lines together horribly, but that's always the curse of any art, or any endeavour I guess. You always see the "flaws" because you've lived through them and been up close and personal with it all.

Strangely enough with my inn map, the second part of what you say really comes through, as I've hopped all over the place on that one. Putting in colours, shadows, etc here and there without even finishing up the layout or the linework.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Strangely enough with my inn map, the second part of what you say really comes through, as I've hopped all over the place on that one. Putting in colours, shadows, etc here and there without even finishing up the layout or the linework.
    Yeah... it's the "let me see ! Let me see !" Syndrom... You somehow know that it'll be better looking with colors and shadows, so you want to see it straight away... It's really a work on oneself, learning patience and self confidence... Maps makes us better women and men !

... And now I have to stop my medics...

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Yeah... it's the "let me see ! Let me see !" Syndrom... You somehow know that it'll be better looking with colors and shadows, so you want to see it straight away... It's really a work on oneself, learning patience and self confidence... Maps makes us better women and men !

... And now I have to stop my medics...
    Hahaha, yeah, just all of us getting a bit over eager I guess! But nothing wrong with being a bit enthusiastic about what we're working on I guess...

Just, as you say, patience can be darn hard to have sometimes!