Thread: Dr. Seuss Map?

Default Dr. Seuss Map?

This seems like a huge and wild undertaking, so I shouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been done yet, but either my Google-Fu has utterly failed, or no one has attempted to map out all the fantastical locations mentioned in the Dr. Seuss books yet. The Kingdom of Didd, the Jungles of Jorn, Mt. Crumpet, etc. Has anyone taken a stab at this?

No but Dr Seuss is one of my hero, great idea, are you going to do one? Oh the places you'll go

Blog Entries

BE WARNED!!!!!!
    the estate sues anyone that even comes close to what THEY think is there copyright and trademark and take this to THE EXTREME!!!!!

even if one is 100% legal use under "fair use" THEY WILL SUE!!!!!

for example in today's news
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20161114/09473036039/one-fish-two-fish-we-will-sue-fish-seuss-lawyers-hop-pop-art.shtml

and from 2012

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120320/08024818171/cd-squashes-seuss-style-satire-where-did-ideaexpression-dichotomy-go.shtml

Last edited by johnvanvliet; 11-15-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Yikes! Thanks for the warning, johnvanvliet. I'll take a stab at it for a private Tabletop RPG I run, but it won't get the full treatment that the subject matter deserves. If I come up with anything worth your eyes, I'll post it here.

Guild Journeyer

As long as you create something for your personal use, and don't distribute it too much, you should be 100% safe.

People are allowed to create from scratch, and especially when they make it for themselves.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Default Great idea

Oh man why didn't i think of this! I'm gonna try also! I was just doing my monthly challenge map and realised the style i have is super Dr Seuss influenced. I think if i do one i will keep it secret though!