Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nubian Kings

Hey Snodsy.. An FB member saw a discrepancy with the screen cap that I posted to FB earlier today - looks like some of the pyramids are a bit off the ground.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15252710_10202676925959746_5438854539965682766_o.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	89786
    This was their image posted on FB Guild page.
    oh, and this is looking good sir

Thanks JE, I do know about this, I will be moving the shadows for these, once I put the plateau in, this will be sitting higher up, but I appreciate the FB guild post and your repost.
    Also thanks for posting on Facebook.

Straf - not sure if this answers your question, but the Pyramids are facing East, which I read doing research for the project, let me know if you know of an issue with this, but I probably wont change it at this point if the Temples were to be pointed in another direction.

Mouse, I see what you mean and I can easily change that color, I typically make all my colors an layer effect so that I can tweak them as I build the file.

Asheesh, would love to see what you could do in sketchup, I'm sure it would be outstanding, lots on tutorials on the web for it.

Thanks for the comments guys
    Last edited by snodsy; 11-28-2016 at 04:05 PM.

OK if the gate is due east then the shadow lengths and direction suggest that it's around 5 hours after sunrise on Beltane when you took that picture.

Do I win a cigar?

Wow you thought about those shadows more than I did, how about a free critique of your next post .

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Hey Snodsy.. An FB member saw a discrepancy with the screen cap that I posted to FB earlier today - looks like some of the pyramids are a bit off the ground.

Name:	15252710_10202676925959746_5438854539965682766_o.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	89786
    This was their image posted on FB Guild page.
    oh, and this is looking good sir
    Looking at that image, only one thing came to mind: Madeline Kahn as Queen Nympho, "no, no, no, no, yes, no, no, yes..." No derailment meant, simply commenting on the history of the world.*

*part 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Wow, definitely an impressive map! The colors adds a lot to it. You're using a "perspective view", right? I'm often finding hard to chose a view and angle that allow to have a good view of a big area in SK. You managed that with brio!

Thanks for the comments, heres an update, the building are all colored in except the roof tops will get a slightly lighter shade. Working on the mountain ---- not sure if it's properly scaled? There's gold in them hills. What about those trees? Will put in more details on the temple walls and crops in the fields, the copy is only a start, will rewrite. Comments welcome.

Name:	NubianKingColor3.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	89820

You see? I knew you would tame that yellow just right

Excellent work, Snodsy

I can't say 'breathtaking' yet because you haven't finished it (even though it already is breathtaking!)

It's looking great snodsy. I don't know if I have already commented on this thread, but I have been keeping an eye on this one and it just keeps getting better. The houses seem a bit uniform at the moment, but that might change once you add the lighter color to the roofs. The trees look just fine when zoomed out, but start to look a little odd once you zoom in closer.

Great work, keep it up!

-Dan

Looking amazing snodsy. Beside the sketchup town, i very much like what you are drawing behind it. The small construction site on the hills is awesome

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast