Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Nubian Kings

This is looking fantastic! I love what you're doing here, Snodsy
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Amazing thread ! I'll have to come back and read more carefully but the result is astounding !

Thanks for the positive comments, I take it the scale of the mountains is working? Trying to come up with a border treatment but haven't been happy with anything yet, I'd like to add the embossed etching that is seen on the Temple of Apedemak, but it keeps taking a way from the map. We'll see.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120809016.FhY8JTx2.SudanDec094251.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	89821

Great map!! Love the detail and the coloring.

Just an update, shadows and highlights on the mountains, just started adding the fields and a first attempt at the corner icons. I'll be putting some engravings on the The Amun Temple and Water Tower as well as a couple others. getting there, this is the most I've spent on a project so far. About 50 hours (sketch up takes a lot more time than freehand. The side bar hieroglyphs are a font - "Barmee_Hieroglify" I know a couple labels aren't legible, will work on those at the end. Critiques welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NubianKingColor5.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	89865

WOW! I honestly haven't seen this until now. This is very impressive! The perspective is fantastic, and I love the detailed buildings. How did you blend sketch up with photoshop? It looks beautiful!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Fantastic and the sightly askew view makes if even more real life !

Great result, Snodsy. You're the (aegyptian) god of this historical map picture !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, definitely an impressive map! The colors adds a lot to it. You're using a "perspective view", right? I'm often finding hard to chose a view and angle that allow to have a good view of a big area in SK. You managed that with brio!
    Yes a perspective view, it took a while to get what I wanted, just zooming in and out and rotating till I got something, then saves as jpeg a Edge/Profile jpeg and a Shadow only jpeg as two seperate layers in photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    It's looking great snodsy. I don't know if I have already commented on this thread, but I have been keeping an eye on this one and it just keeps getting better. The houses seem a bit uniform at the moment, but that might change once you add the lighter color to the roofs. The trees look just fine when zoomed out, but start to look a little odd once you zoom in closer.
    Great work, keep it up!

-Dan
    I'll work on making these non-uniform maybe a slightly different tone? not sure what to do, don't want to get too wild, maybe a two/three tones??

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Looking amazing snodsy. Beside the sketchup town, i very much like what you are drawing behind it. The small construction site on the hills is awesome
    Thanks Voolf, I always like to add elements that make it look a little more lived in, like the construction site and the ramp to the under construction Pyramid. Adding something as the Nile River might be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    WOW! I honestly haven't seen this until now. This is very impressive! The perspective is fantastic, and I love the detailed buildings. How did you blend sketch up with photoshop? It looks beautiful!
    I did an early test to make sure the line weight of the Sketchup import would match up with the Photoshop line work, I think that is what makes it hold together.

Here an update, hopefully can finish up tomorrow or early next week. Not sure about the string bobs on the title piece. I've thought about making the two square on the border in color, but not sure - thoughts?

Thanks for the comments guys

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NubianKingColor6.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	89894

Wow! You've put a phaorohld load of work into this. It looks fantastic

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast