Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ersïa

Well, i think everything i wanted to say has already been said by the others ^^

Love it, Ilanthar! Especially the landshapes (i was trying to come up with something alternate-earth-y but this is just...as close to perfect as it gets).

If i can, i'll Rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

By Sapiento
    Did you create the symbols on the flags yourself or were you using some resources?
    Thanks Sapiento. I created a few, rearranged or modified some other and took the rest from different sources (some free icons, mostly).

By THW
    As others have said before, this looks amazing. Well done.
    Thanks THW !

By Eilathen
    Love it, Ilanthar! Especially the landshapes (i was trying to come up with something alternate-earth-y but this is just...as close to perfect as it gets).
    Thanks Eilathen . I wanted an alternate earth with large temperate zones. So here it is.

And since a lot of you are appreciating the flags, here is a flag book where they are only half their original size (in the first post).

The amount of work is really impressive, there's a real atlas feeling and your imagination for the flags makes me cry. Congrats !

Guild Novice

This is really fantastic. Lond and Sian remind me of broken Eurasia, but with a dirty great cleft in the middle. From the position of the landmasses they follow Earths general pattern, did you start out with that in mind or did they naturally fall like that when you were working on it?
    Again, top work

So many details and the terrain is awesome!

By Thomrey
    The amount of work is really impressive, there's a real atlas feeling and your imagination for the flags makes me cry. Congrats !
    Thanks a lot ! And thanks for your support.

By Easyworld
    From the position of the landmasses they follow Earths general pattern, did you start out with that in mind or did they naturally fall like that when you were working on it?
    Thanks ! Truth be told, there were at least 2-3 versions of the general land shapes before this one. Some, quite different, with polar lands and mainly land around an ocean... But I wanted something with various climates and that could have a good render in different projections (like orthographic), so, with changes and iterations, I ended with this one.

Byr FrancescaBaerald
    So many details and the terrain is awesome!
    Thanks, Francesca ! I'm Glad you like it.

Blog Entries

Wow!!! You've done a magnificent work here!
    I really do love your world atlas map, and the flags too!

What a pity I dont'have enough time to properly follow all the Guilders' nice map production...

This is crazy! Fantastic shapes, great relief... and the amount of work on those flags and names... I love it!
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Thank you both!

@AzurePlanet : I also have difficulties to follow the Guild's map productions and WIP. So many things are posted every day!

Guild Member handsome_unlimited's Avatar

Ilinthar, that map is so good it actually annoys me that mine don't look that good. I (like everyone else, apparently) LOVE the shaded relief - looks like a completely real world.

Could I persuade you to elaborate a little more on your technique for "painting" it in? I have no idea what you mean when you say that.
    Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you design the landmasses? From scratch, or did you start out with FT? This map just looks so "real" to me.

-Guild Emperor HU

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast