Quote Originally Posted by loottheroom View Post
I'm a big fan of both styles, though I see the blue OSR style much less often than Dyson's. (That's not a criticism - I use Dyson's style myself).

Personally I think the Dyson style works best when the rooms aren't quite so perfectly formed. What you've done here is great, but to me it's obvious that the style has been applied afterwards rather than the map being created that way to begin with. That paper texture is wonderful though. Is that stock or did you create it yourself?
Yeah, I agree, I think the Dyson-style is best suited to hand drawn maps, though if the pattern is painted on using an inverted mask on a pattern fill layer, rather than using a stroke filled with the pattern as I did here, it might look considerably better and more 'organic?'.

The paper texture I made myself using the Render>Clouds>Emboss filters in PS and then used a saturation layer to colourise it until I was happy with how it looked.

Check out my WIP dungeon of Doom in the building/structure sub-forum - I put it in the wrong one and let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Jim