Thread: Recreating the old TSR Marvel Superheroes RPG map!

Map Recreating the old TSR Marvel Superheroes RPG map!

Hello, I've been learning about the Adobe suite by trying to create new maps in the style of old rpg's. I've been working in Illustrator and have much of the map done, but I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce the look of the grassy areas, the empty dirt lots with their textures, and maybe even that watercolor look of the concreteClick image for larger version. 

Name:	TSR6850.Basic.Map.jpg 
Views:	1186 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	90143 in Illustrator. Maybe it's better to do this in Photoshop but I'm not sure of how. Last time I tried to do it in photoshop and import it into my illustrator map, but the small patch I made took up a crazy amount of memory and choked out the program. Any ideas? The style I'm copying is from the old TSR Marvel Superheroes rpg which I have posted above.

Nice map. I use Illistrator for many maps and personally make the textures (such as grass and concrete) vector based. Either draw them from scratch or convert them from bitmap (jpg) images to vector. It's not easy - try to keep them fairly simple (less detailed/not as many vectors) or the computer might slow down too much.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really great, very nice map and have that retro feel ... you can go as Carnifex said, or you can also choose to import the illustrator map into photoshop for the finishing touches
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise