Thread: December 2016 Challenge : Castle Siege

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Thanks Mouse ! No, I'm drawing directly on Photoshop, using a Wacom Tablet. I used a brush with sensitivity to pressure and I changed the size of the brush according to the distance of the elements in perspective. For the elements of the story, I will use just a line of a pixel wide. I've trouble for the colour though... Not sure I can have the right colour and keep the texture of the paper... Not skilled enough...
    Would the colour layer work better with a different mode? (Just to confuse the issue I'm talking in barely learned GIMP). I was playing with colouring one of my own maps earlier, and discovered there were all kinds of different ways of combining layers with those underneath them. I don't know how this goes in PS, but its called the mode in GIMP. I was looking at that colour patch you have done (and I hear what you say about losing the paper texture). I'm thinking some kind of mode adjustment might do the trick to at least bring the texture out - soft light, or burn, or colour mode... or something other than normal mode.

Maybe one of the seasoned users can help a bit better. After all, I've only been playing with colours in GIMP just today
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-18-2016 at 05:58 PM.