Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solas Cave

Default Solas Cave

It is been a long time since i drew any dungeon map. I am spending new year with my parents, away from pc, but brought with me a drawing set.

Rather simple map, but want to share anyway. Quality may be bad, because i took the photo with my smartphone. i will attach 2 images now, when i come back home i will scan it at upload again.

New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Very nice. I like the detail work taking it from map to illustration. If I were drawing or retouching it I would make the shore / break between areas 5 & 6 a little less straight.

But yeah, that's my only quibble. I like the small size, the non-linear design, everything I want in a short adventure location.
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Thanks Dyson, good catch with the shore. i made mistake when inking, tried to fix it and made it worse. 😓
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Here is another level.

I used up my favourite pen while inking, Had to change to more thick one, which - despite my effort - made kinda undesired effect.

New Horizons

Support:

Really like the layout on these maps! My only quibble is that you went to a lot of work to make a nice river with a waterfall and yet the playable part of the map doesn't intersect with it at all.

Thanks Bogie, when i will have time i will edit the second lvl and maybe add access to the waterfall.

For now as i promised i made scans and a little bit extra. Splash of colours! Only for the first map now. I don't know if its finished or not. I don't really care to make this one super nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solas_cave_L1_resize.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	772.9 KB 
ID:	90737

That's a wonderful job Voolf ! Pro-level !

Thanks Thomrey

An update. I cleaned the square lines, add simple border and changed text from my awful hand drawn one to digital font.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solas Cave_resize.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	600.0 KB 
ID:	90775

Thinking of putting this one to finished maybe ?

I like it a lot better now you've done away with the grid that was inside the solid stone

Top marks, Voolf

I preferred it with your handwriting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast