Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solas Cave

Hehe Mouse when you draw on paper with square lines (not clean one) then you have to deal with the fact that there will be grid in the rock and everything else. I thought i could easly get rid of it with Levels adjustment, but the lines were too dark and i had to erase them normal way. It took some time .

Thomrey, sorry for erasing my handwriting. I wil try make it better for next maps to come.

I think the not very clean cut-off actually adds to the drawing. It would look too tidy if they all suddenly stopped dead at the wall of the cave

Praise

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Hehe Mouse when you draw on paper with square lines (not clean one) then you have to deal with the fact that there will be grid in the rock and everything else. I thought i could easly get rid of it with Levels adjustment, but the lines were too dark and i had to erase them normal way. It took some time .
    Very nice!
    Interesting to see how you managed to preserve the details when you digitized it. When removing the grid using brightness & contrast I manage to loose some of the finer details.

From a gameplay perspective, are you happy with the narrow corridors into 4 & 2? Will be hard for adventurers to shuffle around and (in my experience using tabletop props) leads to a goose march.

.Hexapanther

Quote Originally Posted by Hexapanther View Post
    From a gameplay perspective, are you happy with the narrow corridors into 4 & 2? Will be hard for adventurers to shuffle around and (in my experience using tabletop props) leads to a goose march.
    To be honest i dont think too hard about how wide the spaces suppose to be if i am creating something just for fun, not actual session. (dosent mean that it cant be used in the future).
    That beeing said, dungeons have narrow corridors and i dont have problem with that. Party have to understand that crossing that corridor puts them at risk sometimes. If they will go together, they will do in fact goose march (nothing wrong it that), but i litrally hate DM's who are asking about march order when there is no fight. I dont really like advancing slowly on the grid in turns or so out of combat. The map is just for the battle, after the initiatives are rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    To be honest i dont think too hard about how wide the spaces suppose to be if i am creating something just for fun, not actual session. (dosent mean that it cant be used in the future).
    That beeing said, dungeons have narrow corridors and i dont have problem with that. Party have to understand that crossing that corridor puts them at risk sometimes. If they will go together, they will do in fact goose march (nothing wrong it that), but i litrally hate DM's who are asking about march order when there is no fight. I dont really like advancing slowly on the grid in turns or so out of combat. The map is just for the battle, after the initiatives are rolled.
    +1. Encounter maps, well...they're for encounters! If the party get stuck in a corridor, they get stuck and have to deal with the consequences; TPK, Hell yeah!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12