Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road to Tiamis

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    This is stunningly beautiful Mouse. I'm glad to see you sorted that upside down leaf in that tree in the forest near Trobarrow. I just noticed there's a butterfly with one wing bigger than the other in the field next to Merrow Oh no, sorry, that was me looking at it wrong.

All silly jokes aside, this is a really amazing piece of work, and to think that it was done with unfamiliar software in a really short space of time, given the complexity of GIMP, is nothing short of brilliance. Well done Mouse, well done indeed
    Er... which leaf was that again, Straf... *Mouse looks worried* Butterfly, you say?

Oh you!!! LOL!

Thank you so much, Straf

In full color it is now Splendiferous! More More More!!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's pretty amazing work - I envy your talent! Also, I want to go there.

great map Mouse! I admire you talent!

-Dan

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

A beautifull and brilliantly coloured piece of work here Mouse. A pleasure to watch develop and undeniably inspirational!

Rep has come your way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    In full color it is now Splendiferous! More More More!!!
    Aw thanks, Bogie

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's pretty amazing work - I envy your talent! Also, I want to go there.
    Thanks Diamond - I... er... envy yours actually!

And... if you have the time to pay a visit.... I think THW was looking for someone to bring back a few stories about Tiamis. From what I've heard it might be on a really big river, or even the coast. I'm not sure. The various descriptions are all somewhat vague, since many go, but only a few seem to return

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    great map Mouse! I admire you talent!

-Dan
    Thank you Daniel - I've always admired your talent!

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    A beautifull and brilliantly coloured piece of work here Mouse. A pleasure to watch develop and undeniably inspirational!

Rep has come your way!
    Thanks GLS - its a pleasure to spark new ideas

A wonderful map, Mouse! And a very interesting WIP too. You can add myself on the "envious" list .
    On a different matter, are you aware that your signature logo (which I like, btw) is probably eating mouses ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    A wonderful map, Mouse! And a very interesting WIP too. You can add myself on the "envious" list .
    On a different matter, are you aware that your signature logo (which I like, btw) is probably eating mouses ?
    Another Cartographer I greatly admire! Wow - thank you Ilanthar

Do you mean this little mark?

Name:  Logo sample.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  31.3 KB

I used it on another recently finished map, but not here because I had the opportunity to actually sign it properly with my name.

Its a mouse paw print

I wanted to draw a mouse like your lizard (which I greatly admire), but so many other much greater artists have used the same mark that I thought it might look a bit pretentious, so I went for the paw print.

Mind you - it does look a bit like I borrowed my n'th great grandfather Tyrannosaurus Mouse's paw to get the print - and he probably would have eaten me! LOL!

Ooops ! No, my mistake, I've seen the birdy compass as a new signature. I plead guilty for overlooking the new elements too quickly...
    I like the paw print, btw. And I think you could probably draw a very nice little mouse as well .

Hey! Not your fault.

Why - I'm practically... famous for getting the wrong end of the stick! LOL! And it is a very noticeable mark.

Now that you've mentioned it I might just use both in the future.

A signature compass... with a dangerous mouse paw print as a protection charm

That's a really great idea! Thanks Ilanthar

Sadly, I find mice so very cute that I can only draw them looking far too cute!

EDIT: I think I read too many of Brian Jacque's 22 delightful 'Redwall' novels when I was younger!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-03-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast