Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Road to Tiamis

The landscape is so vivid ! I really envy your wonderful drawing skills ! Glad to see you take that direction

Thanks thomrey

You have been in my collection of admirable cartographers for some considerable time

That's awfully nice of you, I'm blushing

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

A wonderful piece, Mouse. Sorry that I cannot rep you at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    That's awfully nice of you, I'm blushing
    Aw, bless!

Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    A wonderful piece, Mouse. Sorry that I cannot rep you at the moment.
    Thanks, Wired. Not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Wonderful!
    Wow! Coming from you that's high praise indeed! Thank you

Absolutely gorgeous, Mouse! Everything about this is so amazing, mountains, the colors, the cities...

Unfortunately I can only rep once.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous, Mouse! Everything about this is so amazing, mountains, the colors, the cities...

Unfortunately I can only rep once.
    Aw thanks Matthew Glad you like it.

Thanks for the rep

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

This is indeed a wonderful illustration map, Mouse. Basically, everything is perfect, from the color to the style, from the mountain to the land. What I really want to highlight is the composition, the road going from the background to the foreground and back to the background, snaking around the mountain; very unusual in the context of cartography. And you really succeed with it. You almost got a Bob Ross-esque thing going on, what with the big strong mountain and the happy little trees. Awesome.

Now, there are things that I dig less about the map. For example the font (Not fan of cursive pretty much always) and the prominent line-work which emphasizes the hand-drawn look (Not a fan of visibly hand-drawn maps/art in general), but these are totally personal tastes of mine, and you should totally disregard those, because they are not valid criticisms.

The absolutely only tinniest little nit-pick I have with the map, though, is that it took me almost 5 minutes to realize where "Beal" is supposed to be. I was really confused by the "Merrow to Beal" line in the legend, because I thought the road goes from A to B to C to D. I didn't notice the "To Beal" label at the bottom because it's white text on top of a white-ish road. So for a good long time I thought, "but the road goes from Merrow to Kess Farm and Trobarrow... did he mess up the names? Where's Beal?"
    Don't know if it's just me, but... yeah. It threw me off.

Anyway, superb work, Mouse! Keep it up!

Thank you Daelin

I had a lot of fun drawing it.

I will take on board your critique suggestions for the next map, since this one started off as a bit of friendly banter between me and ChickPea, and grew into something unexpected - even from my point of view! LOL!

Its my first go at hand drawn, and my first go at GIMP, so I was never expecting to produce a flawless result

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast