Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road to Midgeon

Gorgeous work and beautiful colouring. I get a kick out seeing some of the people named on the map. It's such a charming little detail!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Nice work John. The background story is an invitation to the travel and the discovery of your world. All the map form a very interesting set. A beginning for a book collector in sight ?
    Thanks Warlin
    Oh man, I can not say when a book might be at a ready point.
    I have at least 4 fantasy worlds running at various levels of development and a number of story collections that I am working on, rather off and on over the last year or so.
    I had hoped to have a book ready this year, but is way too soon to say. My time spent writing is a bit sporadic, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Nice job ! The world building is really interesting and the map makes me drool as all the others. I cannot wait to hear the news about INPRNT !
    Thanks Thomas.
    I have to submit my work and then wait to be accepted to INPRNT, which I am going to submit this month.
    I have a lot going on at the moment though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Lovely work as always J! Your illustrative style never ceases to amaze me.

Also, INPRNT sounds like a cool idea, so definitely keep us posted on that!
    Thank you GLS I will make sure to post about it when/if I am accepted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I do so love this style.

How do you go about drawing those marvellous name banners? Is it something that just happens, or do you have a secret formula?
    Thanks Mouse.
    It started as just something that happens but I began to develop a bit of a style and technique for it.
    Like most things, it works best if you set a task for yourself to achieve and then just keep chipping away at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map again! Plus, it looks like you'll have to do three more maps (a monastery, a village and a town) !
    I love the concept and style. Some character names are a bit hard to read sometimes, though.
    Hehe, might do those other maps.... maybe.
    Yeah, the names were drawn on the original page with pencil and did get a bit tricky to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Gorgeous work and beautiful colouring. I get a kick out seeing some of the people named on the map. It's such a charming little detail!
    Thanks ChickPea
    They were mostly fun to draw in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12