View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I vote that Chickpea gets to draw Bogie's residence
    I have a name for it if she does:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bogies Hideway.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	90783

LOL! I love it

I see you were involved in the Guildworld project. Do you have any words of advice / do's and don'ts on the possible organisation of this idea as a community city building project?

EDIT: To all thread participants - I see in fact that most of you were involved with the 10th Anniversary Guildworld building project, and that I am among the newbies to this game, so please - if you have any golden advice built on experience...?
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 02:24 PM.

"I know a dark secluded place
    A place where no one knows your face
    A glass of wine, a fast embrace
    It's called Bogie's Hideaway"

Dibs on Bogie's Hideway !! The shadiest tavern in all of Guild City !

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    "I know a dark secluded place
    A place where no one knows your face
    A glass of wine, a fast embrace
    It's called Bogie's Hideaway"

Dibs on Bogie's Hideway !! The shadiest tavern in all of Guild City !
    Ooooh, I wanna see this one

So when are we getting started on it... er... if you want to that is.... and if you have time to be the Master architect that gets to decide the major structural layout and divide it into sections for us

[Mouse flutters eyelashes and makes cute smile and hopes to look more cute than cute itself]

Hope I'm not too late to throw my hat in the ring, here. I was too late to get involved in the Guildworld project, but I like the sound of this one.

And, just as a bit of self-promotion, city-planning is what I do for a living, as well. Not sure if that will come in handy or not, but it can't hurt, right?

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I don't think we've got around to making a list of possible participants yet THW.

This thread started out as a Challenge idea and just kind of took off in a different direction! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    So when are we getting started on it... er... if you want to that is.... and if you have time to be the Master architect that gets to decide the major structural layout and divide it into sections for us

[Mouse flutters eyelashes and makes cute smile and hopes to look more cute than cute itself]
    Hehe, well, it is going to take a little bit of working through...
    We are just about to start up the Yearly Award thing... so all CLs will be working to help that go smoothly.
    The CLs are in the midst of trying to work all of that out as we speak.
    It's difficult as we are all over the place in terms of timezone - from Scotland and France to east coast US all the way over to west coast US.
    We aren't often on here at the same time, which can make things tough to organize sometimes.

For me... Once we have some things worked out with the Awards thing, I am all for starting this awesome city thing up.
    Let me know what is needed and how many players we have, hence how many regions [roughly speaking] that we will need for mapping.
    I also need to find out a few details from Robbie about what my options are for the community projects space and the thumbnail scraper and such.

I will see if I can get some info on those points and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks John. That's really generous and very kind of you

Are you able to turn my poll into one where the names are visible? Its the quickest way I can think of getting a participant list together.

As for the details of what we will need I'm quite willing to let more experienced people (like THW for one) take over and say what kind of bare basics will have to be laid out common to all the sections. I can see one straight away - the roads, railways, and any other forms of transport that cross the boundaries - the main routes. Another one is the relief, if we are going to have any hills or dips anywhere, and the coast and river(s) - again if we are going to have them.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

As much as I would love to participate, I am no where near the level of most of you, so I will sit back watch and learn.

Well, unless you want me to design the kiddie land or something... cause that is about the extent of my abilities at the moment
    Last edited by DarkInfinity; 01-04-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast