View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another question - Assuming that the view will be top down, rather than ISO, what about the scale. Are we going to be able to just about pick out people on the streets, or are we going to get close enough to see more than that? Or further out maybe?

I expect the total size of the city will depend largely on scale and how many city builders are involved.

We also need to decide a list of major features, like stadia, temples... places of ill repute
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I'm having an unexpected technical problem. My antivirus is failing to update, so I'm going to have to shut down all online windows and pour my broadband into getting it sorted out.

I'll be back to add any more names/answer any questions in about an hour.

EDIT: All done now
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 08:37 PM.

I would like to join please.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    We all live in a sort of Medieval Utopia where feudalism is really a trickle-down benefit and everyone laughs jovially in taverns while the buxom wench walks around with tankards of ale and making various innuendos on her endless circuit; the bard tells a tale of heroism or the tragedy between two lovers who find eternal love in the afterlife. Only with dishwashers and free WiFi.
    I think you might be right

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    I would like to join please.
    Already adding your name eViLe_eAgLe. Welcome to the potential city builders club

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

To add to your list Mouse:

• Orphanage (for all the projects started and never finished... unless that was the intent of the ruins)
    • The Slums (for those poor newbies like myself)
    • Blacksmith shop (for those who work hard on the forum itself making adding features, and creating those nice award Icons and such)

As for period, I'm down with a fantasy medieval style. a good majority of the maps I have seen here so far tend to lean that direction. Along with the time period, we should probably think about the general location as well, is it in a grassy area with farms all around, up in the snowy mountains, or on an island in a tropical zone? (are we getting to far into the details yet...)

As for a regular grid design, here is a thought have an octagonal design, palace in the center and main roads leading out north, south, east, and west like a compass (that is either cool or cheesy, I can't decide) In this case the blocks wouldn't be exactly square/rectangular, more trapezoidal. But still of a regular pattern.

Is this going to be a walled city?

As far as the diversity of the city, I think it should be a melting pot, as diverse as this community. So include all the fantasy races. Just a thought.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'll be busy getting the Annual Awards off the ground for the next 2-3 weeks, but throw my hat in the ring for after that.* I've only completed ONE city map ever, if you can believe that, though I've started (and left unfinished) several others.

*As long as there's no time limit for completion. And as long as I don't have to help plan out the logistics of the project.

Diamond! Great

I'll add your name to the list to make sure there are enough districts, but I'm hoping that if we get the information sorted out J.Edward will help with the layout and divisions. I'm just sort of doing a clerk's job for him while he's busy

EDIT: Diamond - before we get into making a more detailed list of what we need, should we continue to develop the idea right here, or start a new thread in a more appropriate forum?
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-05-2017 at 04:01 AM.

I would be gladly part of it (be part of the Guild World was so much fun).

Excellent! Welcome Ilanthar

I'll add your name to the list

This seems interesting. I would join, but i really can't promise i will have time :/. You can put me in the reserve bench maybe ?

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast