View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Default Guild City

A very simple idea, with an enormous range of possible interpretations...

Before I came here the first time, Ladiestorm once described the Guild to me as being like a vast virtual city where all the artists and publishers lived and worked side by side with each other, and where all the available software apps were the shops in that city, with the forum as the centre piece - the great square, or the temple

Maybe we can map this enormous and beautiful city of cities together - any and all styles welcome - as is the truly cosmopolitan tradition of... 'Guild City'

The poll is a head count of how many would like to either take part or watch this spectacle

EDIT:

This Challenge idea has been converted to a community project idea to draw a map of Guild Gity/the City of Guild, following the same principles as the Guildworld project last year, and where each participant will be allocated a section of the city to draw. I have made a list below of everyone who wishes to take part in this project.

I will add your name to this list if you want to join in. Just let me know by adding a comment to the end of the thread. In the interest of keeping the project going I think it would be best if I close the list when there have been 3 full days without any new names.

• Mouse
    • J.Edward
    • Josiah VE
    • Gamerprinter
    • snodsy
    • thomrey
    • Bogie
    • GLS
    • -JO-
    • TheHoarseWhisperer (THW)
    • DarkInfinity
    • eViLe_eAgLe
    • Diamond
    • Ilanthar
    • Voolf
    • dvg94
    • Matthew VE
    • Azelor
    • Tonnichiwa
    • Falconius
    • Redrobes
    • Kacey
    • Abu Lafia
    • djan
    • DanielHasenbos
    • Jalerym
    • Ladiestorm
    • Meshon
    • Lorelei
    • ranger
    • zhar2
    • Robbie
    • Straf

If I have included you in this list by mistake please let me know by PM and I will remove your name

Schedule: The start date is not yet fixed. It depends on how long it takes for the CL's to sort out the structure and set up for the Annual Awards, and how quickly we can sort out the information that J.Edward has asked for.
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-08-2017 at 11:42 AM.

I'm up for that
    I was going to map a city in the Guildworld project that was basically like a big Guild city... the city of Guild, I planned to call it.
    So, yep, I'd be up for it.

That's a very interesting idea! I'd love to try and do that.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I'd do that.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

If the Community Leaders get penthouse apartments... I'm in!

(Someone will map me living in the sewers for that comment!)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks for your support

I've already thought of a couple of place names to add to the map:

Inspiration Park, The (wailing) Wall of Despair, Inkland, Shaded Row, Aspiration Tower, Challenge Arena...

EDIT: Oh, and of course - ChickPea House And then there's Mapper's Corner, where you can stand up on a soap box and speak your thoughts on trees... or mountains - whichever takes your fancy

And... dear me! we can't possibly have a map without Cartographer's Block, and the very notorious Red Map Area!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-03-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks for your support

I've already thought of a couple of place names to add to the map:

Inspiration Park, The (wailing) Wall of Despair, Inkland, Shaded Row, Aspiration Tower, Challenge Arena...

EDIT: Oh, and of course - ChickPea House And then there's Mapper's Corner, where you can stand up on a soap box and speak your thoughts on trees... or mountains - whichever takes your fancy

And... dear me! we can't possibly have a map without Cartographer's Block, and the very notorious Red Map Area!
    Haha, love these ideas. I hope this challenge can be done soon.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I'm in, I'm sure we would come up with all kinds of street & place names. I grew up in a basement, so I know where I'd be looking for a home, probably close to Chick Pea now.

I'd love to partake but I'm not sure I'd have the time. What would be the time frame ?

I am assuming this would be a monthly challenge, since the annual challenge is... well... I don't know what it is at the moment.

I am also assuming that since many of those who have expressed an interest are only able to take part in 'Challenges' (having already won 3 Lite Challenges, or at least one Challenge already) that if it was chosen it would be more likely to be a Challenge, than a Lite Challenge.

Mapping an entire city is a big commitment. That's why I included the 'part of' clause. You could do just the centre... or maybe just Bogie's House of Horrors, or Robbie's Secret Retreat, in the midst of whatever enclave you imagine such establishments would be part of

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast