Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Batikshal Empire

This looks amazing, maybe shadow one side of the rivers? Love the style

Guild Expert

The new building colour looks much better.

Ilanthar, this map is coming out so nicely! Your skills are really improved! I expecially like "the fluffines of the forests" (cit.) and your gorgeous illustrations, your lizard that "pop out of the map" is top notch

By Bjorn Schievers
    The more I look at it the more I like it. How much would this map have cost as a commission, on average?
    Thanks!
    It depends of different things to discuss with the commissioner (like the copyright question). But, as far as I'm concerned, as a basis, I wouldn't work below an hourly rate of 10 euros (my very minimum considering there are taxes...).

By Snodsy
    This looks amazing, maybe shadow one side of the rivers? Love the style
    You're not making it easy ! I've done a try but my rivers aren't so large in many sections... I was thinking to give a new try though.

By Kacey
    The new building colour looks much better.
    Thanks! I agree.

By Tom
    Ilanthar, this map is coming out so nicely! Your skills are really improved! I expecially like "the fluffines of the forests" (cit.) and your gorgeous illustrations, your lizard that "pop out of the map" is top notch
    Thanks, Tom! Not sure of where I'm gonna put the lizard in the end... I usually put it in a corner, but I already have things in the corners here.

I'll try to do an update today or tomorrow.

The colours are much better than the last time i saw. As for the buildings i would try to keep roofs as they are but make walls subtle grey? It is not much of a work, you can check it out and if you dont like it then keep it like now.

By Voolf
    The colours are much better than the last time i saw. As for the buildings i would try to keep roofs as they are but make walls subtle grey? It is not much of a work, you can check it out and if you dont like it then keep it like now.
    Thanks! I added a grey look to the building (I think).

And a few boats, borders, and some labels tests...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Batikshal.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	92403

Its beautiful Ilanthar

But I do prefer the old font you had on the map before you changed it, even though its more informal than this one.

Maybe there's a tidier version of the other font somewhere?

Guild Expert

This just keeps getting better, and better all the time. I like the little boats so far, are you going to add some hatching to them? And the new font is good too, I can't say if I like the new one or the old one more because to me their both great. If you don't mind my asking where can I get these fonts I really like them both.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I can only echo what everyone else has said: this is gorgeous, Ilanthar. I love the differences in the forest types. It's subtle, but just feels 'right'.

I wonder what it might look like if you pulled a little blue into the swamp area
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast