Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Batikshal Empire

By Warlin
    Wonderfull Ilanthar. My fist hurts for you when I see all this mountains. Keep up this great work.
    Thanks, Warlin ! I'm less focused on the mountains right now, so my fist is fine .

By J.Edward
    And it is all blending together so well. I am truly envious of this piece, and I say that with a huge smile.
    Well, I'm gonna print this and frame it . Wish you could see me smile right now !
    Thanks a lot for the praise. I hope the next additions won't be disappointing.

By Kacey
    I'm loving the trees, and grasses down at the bottom, it's a real joy to see this progress.
    Thanks a lot, Kacey ! I certainly wouldn't had this result without Chashio's suggestions.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Batikshal.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	91421

I think I already know which map I'm probably going to be nominating in the 2017 awards next year as Best Regional Map A person would really have to go some to outdo this kind of drawing, and you haven't even started the colouring yet!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Looking very impressive already, Ilanthar. I love the level of detail you managed to cram into the map without it ever looking crowdy. Very well executed. Can't wait to see the inking finished!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

I love how your map is progressing, Ilanthar. Such a magnificent piece! I like how you're developing the elongated peninsula above your signature, and how you gave it some elevation at its tip where the towers are. Thank you for sharing your progress.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

This is absolutely gorgeous Ilanthar. Your sketchy linework looks so beauftiful, and I can't wait to see it continue devleoping.

Also, Mouse is totally spot on with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think I already know which map I'm probably going to be nominating in the 2017 awards next year as Best Regional Map A person would really have to go some to outdo this kind of drawing, and you haven't even started the colouring yet!

Wow, thanks everyone... I feel quite a bit dizzy with all those compliments!

@Mouse & GLS : well, thanks, but it's only the begining of the year. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of wonderful maps to come. Plus, I'm always surprised by the improvements of some members skills in just a few months (let alone the already talented new comers)!

I'm trying some mesas and canyons in the circled part... Not sure -at all- the perspective is OK or even close of something correct.

Views:	38 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	91433

Small update, mainly mountain work.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	42 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	91456

Your building are great, jungle seems awesome (wonder how will look with colour and shade). Also absolutely love the illustrations.

And on the 7th page of this thread I pop in just to give praise, Ilanthar. That tablet you got is really pulling out the artist in you.

This shows a beutiful and personal style, I like it very much! Keep at it and don't forget to post it as finished map - it might be worth an Atlas next January

By Voolf
    Your building are great, jungle seems awesome (wonder how will look with colour and shade).
    Thanks, Voolf . Well, I'm wondering about it too .

By Pixie
    That tablet you got is really pulling out the artist in you.
    Thanks Pixie !
    Yep, maybe... That and the Crtl-Z that goes with it .

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	43 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	91491

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast