Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Ow, don't expect much, i have almost 0 experience in mapping towns. I may try to mimic some of your buildings if you allow , but highly doubt it will be so beautiful like yours.
    Yes, go for it.
    And if you have any questions, just ask.

Your houses are so beautiful... I'm still up trying to get the Compass Rose to look right over at my place - but that isn't your fault! LOL!

I really like the idea of calling my district 'Atlas Ward', to follow your lead with the ward idea. I was going to use a ward name in the beginning, but I didn't think anyone who wasn't a Brit would know what a ward was. Would that be all right?

(I promise I won't change my mind a third time!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Your houses are so beautiful... I'm still up trying to get the Compass Rose to look right over at my place - but that isn't your fault! LOL!

I really like the idea of calling my district 'Atlas Ward', to follow your lead with the ward idea. I was going to use a ward name in the beginning, but I didn't think anyone who wasn't a Brit would know what a ward was. Would that be all right?

(I promise I won't change my mind a third time!)
    Absolutely Mouse
    I'm quite fond of wards and wardens
    Just post to your thread and let me know what you want to change it to, specifically, and I'll change it for ya.

Guild Expert

You're setting the bar pretty high on those buildings, I'm starting to regret choosing district 13 because my section is going to look hideous beside this one.

He is isn't he! LOL!

You should see the convoluted weirdness I'm going through right now with CC3 trying to emulate them!

You won't be the only one breaking a sweat, Kacey

John - Thanks - I'll sort it now

I actually have like hundreds of questions , but the most important is, where do you get the idea for all that nice roofs and layout (buildings connected to each other), is there like special way to learn it, or you just drew them so many already, that it is natural for you now?

Haha, kacey... if I had grabbed a section to do I would have filled it with rubble because I have no skills, and very little practice, with drawing buildings and architecture and city layout. John has likely been studying and drawing this stuff most of his life. Yours is going to be awesome and individual and interesting with the special details that you bring to it.
    Also, I'm going to practice drawing buildings more in the future, John, because that looks awesome... and it's not even straight.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    You're setting the bar pretty high on those buildings, I'm starting to regret choosing district 13 because my section is going to look hideous beside this one.
    I love what you have planned so far Kacey and I think it's gonna be splendid. Trust your skills and... have fun. That is most important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    He is isn't he! LOL!

You should see the convoluted weirdness I'm going through right now with CC3 trying to emulate them!

You won't be the only one breaking a sweat, Kacey

John - Thanks - I'll sort it now
    And your section will be awesome Mouse. I have no doubts about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I actually have like hundreds of questions , but the most important is, where do you get the idea for all that nice roofs and layout (buildings connected to each other), is there like special way to learn it, or you just drew them so many already, that it is natural for you now?
    Voolf, the best thing I can tell you is to look at satellite images of old cities. Oxford in England is a great example of some really interesting roofs.
    Also, Strasbourg in Germany, the neighborhood of Forest Hills in NYC, Karlsruhe in Germany, and many other German cities and towns, as well as old towns in England, France and Italy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Haha, kacey... if I had grabbed a section to do I would have filled it with rubble because I have no skills, and very little practice, with drawing buildings and architecture and city layout. John has likely been studying and drawing this stuff most of his life. Yours is going to be awesome and individual and interesting with the special details that you bring to it.
    Also, I'm going to practice drawing buildings more in the future, John, because that looks awesome... and it's not even straight.
    You Once you have mastered architecture, you will be a dangerous woman... or rather.. more dangerous than you already are.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    .. You Once you have mastered architecture, you will be a dangerous woman... or rather.. more dangerous than you already are.
    Hahahaha! [shakes head]

Guild Expert

Thanks J.Edward, but I'm still considering hurling some big rocks from the top of those hills onto you're side just to muck it up a bit, tho chances are the master architect would just scoop them up, and make something beautiful out of them...I may have to change my plans.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast