Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

Thanks for the WIP John, having never drawn a city map, it'll be of great help to see your process The layout is already awesome !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The way your work advance is admirable : it's just so great to see so much diversity for those houses ! And as you said, good luck for the shadows !!! I'm sure it'll be amazing !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Hahahaha! [shakes head]

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Thanks J.Edward, but I'm still considering hurling some big rocks from the top of those hills onto you're side just to muck it up a bit, tho chances are the master architect would just scoop them up, and make something beautiful out of them...I may have to change my plans.
    Oh noooos... Hurl them at the top right, as I haven't finished that area yet... well, maybe some of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Thanks for the WIP John, having never drawn a city map, it'll be of great help to see your process The layout is already awesome !
    Thanks Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The way your work advance is admirable : it's just so great to see so much diversity for those houses ! And as you said, good luck for the shadows !!! I'm sure it'll be amazing !!!
    Thanks
    Yep, the shadow part is going to be a big un-fun thing, no question.

Okay... bit of an update. Adding in some smaller residences and such.
    I was trying to add in some new variations.
    Cheers, J
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 14_alt1 test5.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	871.6 KB 
ID:	91193

Wow!

There's just so much detail in there. I certainly can't compete with that - even though I've been up all night trying to finish a 250 piece lego-style symbol set! LOL! I surrender!

Beautiful job.
    No way to compete with such a talent Mouse... i feel the same.

J.E. thank you for ealier advice, it will certainly be useful. Looking closely at your buildings i get an impression that you first draw basic roof and then you start piling up additional smaller roofs and details, is it like that? Or do you already have in mind what you want to draw and just draw it?

Nice! I like the different sizes of the buildings... adds individual character to the ... mini-sections? Sectors? Blocks?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like the narrow row-houses; kind of reminds me of sections of San Francisco!

I can see what I think are flat roofs mixed in there as well. Nice idea... er... mind if I borrow that one just a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow!

There's just so much detail in there. I certainly can't compete with that - even though I've been up all night trying to finish a 250 piece lego-style symbol set! LOL! I surrender!
    I enjoy smooshing in the crammed city and details and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Beautiful job.
    No way to compete with such a talent Mouse... i feel the same.

J.E. thank you for ealier advice, it will certainly be useful. Looking closely at your buildings i get an impression that you first draw basic roof and then you start piling up additional smaller roofs and details, is it like that? Or do you already have in mind what you want to draw and just draw it?
    It is a good thing that it is not a competition then It is a fun community project
    I usually start with some looser lines and work toward the more specific. That said, sometimes I do just draw some stuff right in, the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Nice! I like the different sizes of the buildings... adds individual character to the ... mini-sections? Sectors? Blocks?
    Thanks and yes, yes, yes - er, maybe? ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I like the narrow row-houses; kind of reminds me of sections of San Francisco!
    I am going to add some more here and there. I need to fix one of those sets, as it looks a bit small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I can see what I think are flat roofs mixed in there as well. Nice idea... er... mind if I borrow that one just a little bit?
    Yeah, i do like the mix with those in there. Some are terraces and patios, others are just flat topped roofs.
    Definitely, feel free.

[Speechless]... How can you possibly manage to do something like that so fast?!! In the same time, I need about 2 hours to do one poor city icon... It's just fantastic.

On a different topic... I noted I have the Guildworld Country n°14 and the District n°5 ; and it appears you have the country n°5 and the district n°14... Coincidence ?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast