Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is insane, how do you do this so fast?
    Have you heard the story about the shoemaker and the elves? I'm not making any accusations but I have my suspicions

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That looks fabulous J! I like that weird pentagon tower thing... and the rest. Can't wait til you label all of this.
    I do hope you color it, at least at some point.
    I will, no worries. I do have some good names for places in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is insane, how do you do this so fast?
    Well, being insane does make it a bit easier, at least that's what the voices are always saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Have you heard the story about the shoemaker and the elves? I'm not making any accusations but I have my suspicions
    Hey, who you callin' an elf, buddy? hehehe

People would grimace if they saw my process.
    Then they'd really be surprised that I get done at all.

Hearing voices in your own head isn't really insanity. It's when you start hearing the ones in others' heads when you should worry

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is looking fantastic John. You are making me want to scrap mine and draw it all by hand. Sadly I have no idea how to add color to a drawing and make it look decent without using CC3 so I would end up with just some building outlines. Are you going to add a the Monastery of Exotic Cheeses? I hear they practice an esoteric martial art where they take two hexagon cheese graters and connect them together with a chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Hearing voices in your own head isn't really insanity. It's when you start hearing the ones in others' heads when you should worry
    That would be quite worrying, yes. Quite. Nods firmly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    This is looking fantastic John. You are making me want to scrap mine and draw it all by hand. Sadly I have no idea how to add color to a drawing and make it look decent without using CC3 so I would end up with just some building outlines. Are you going to add a the Monastery of Exotic Cheeses? I hear they practice an esoteric martial art where they take two hexagon cheese graters and connect them together with a chain.
    If you decided to go the hand drawn route and needed any help with doing the color with a pen/pencil drawing, I would gladly help, as would others, I am sure.

Those are rumors spread by other governments trying to disparage the good name and peaceful nature of the Casein Monks, who it is well known are nonviolent. Yes, nonviolent.
    There will be many interesting twists and story plot turns in this map. I am preparing a bit right now to post that has new locations and some road names and such in it.
    Good stuff. Might be in an hour or so, maybe.

Well don't just stand there! Get those elves to work

I started doing some of the information behind some of this section.
    I now have a bit better of an idea about what goes on here.
    It looks like this might be where the courts are as well as lawyers, bondsmen, bail and banking offices,
    The Royal Bank, finance and market exchanges, tax bureau and other sundry accounting and money related affairs.
    Oh and of course, the constables.

Then also would be various artisan and crafty type things, some of which go hand in hand with the above mentioned industries.
    There's also many residences and pubs, taverns, inns, extended stay places and such.

And then there are some other less savory activities and personages and all.

Oh, and there's this other bit....
    When I first thought about doing a city of Guild, back while we were still working on Guildworld,
    I had the idea of including people from the Guild [Robbie, Diamond, Bogie, ChickPea, etc.]
    but giving them some crazy new identity here... like Robbie is Arcana, the Lord of Zahan.
    Bogie is Sir Bogramal, Lord of Mahan. Of course, Zahan is the established order in the city of Guild.
    Mahan is a growing power that challenges the established old authority.

Then there are other sundry personages like Diamond... the wizard Jahim Dimondi !! Who rules his minions from an Iron Tower
    I tried to do characters for many Guild members and I will slowly reveal more of them as time passes.
    The numbers correspond to a character. So for example, Robbie is #25, Bogie is #3, Diamond is #2
    and those numbers mark where they live.
    A few Guild members are more traveling or roaming types and so may have temporary lodging here, but not permanent.

Anyways, here's that update.... enjoy

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 14_alt1 test12.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	4.22 MB 
ID:	91405
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-16-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Oh that is just brilliant, John

First time I've really smiled all day long

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

HAHA! Awesome stuff! It's great to see your dream becoming a reality. I look forward to seeing the Guild personified in new interesting characters.

That is gonna be a lot of stuff going on. Excellent!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast