Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

Amaizing !

Wow, this looks great, love all of it and it's fun to find the little gems all around. Love how you do your trees. Thanks for leading the way!

Wow, I took a slap when I looked at your new additions, John! And I also love my new anagram , but you have to know that I'm really bad for selling things irl .

Really don't know what else to add, i'm totally stunned by the way all these splendid pieces work so well together! The contrasting wild southern part is a blast indeed. I just love the detailed microcosm you created here John, and it's wonderful to see it coming together step by step!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Like those cookery shows where they take a finished cake out of the oven, the one they prepared earlier, I'm wondering if this is what's going on here It's such a rapid pace I'm wondering what processor he has capable of keeping up!

Hahaha! Aw jeez, I'm sorry J, I somehow missed all this. Very funny and very clever!!

The map looks utterly glorious. I love all the little lanes and alleyways. It gives a very authentic medieval city feel. Cannot wait to see it coloured. Is this a rather less than salubrious part of town? Just wondering if I need to keep a shotgun and other assorted weaponry under the bar? Maybe I can borrow a Guard Snake from GLS...
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Hahaha! Aw jeez, I'm sorry J, I somehow missed all this. Very funny and very clever!!

The map looks utterly glorious. I love all the little lanes and alleyways. It gives a very authentic medieval city feel. Cannot wait to see it coloured. Is this a rather less than salubrious part of town? Just wondering if I need to keep a shotgun and other assorted weaponry under the bar? Maybe I can borrow a Guard Snake from GLS...
    I think ya might want to keep a cudgel or a blunderbuss around, just to be safe perhaps....
    I mean... there are lawyers and bankers everywhere

Yes, I think I should keep a cudgel on general principle then.

It's looking fab and I can't wait to see what you do next.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's really a great experience to follow your work step by step ! Full of lessons for me !

Thanks a lot !
    Thanks JO
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Love it. And a good way to populate a map!
    Thanks Falconius
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Amazing! Just look at the detail beginning to emerge in the trees in that haunted graveyard. Its beautiful, John
    I am really glad you suggested the challenge that got us all started
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    OMG! That bottom section looks so good, you sure are giving us allot to live up to. My section is so not going to match beside this, I better start practicing some trees, and get my sizes right, my buildings look huge beside it.
    The buildings down in the lower area are going to be sort of smaller buildings, sort of expressing the lower income somewhat.
    All your stuff is gonna look good and will fit just fine Kacey. No worries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Amaizing !
    Thank you Voolf
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Wow, this looks great, love all of it and it's fun to find the little gems all around. Love how you do your trees. Thanks for leading the way!
    Thanks snodsy It's a never ending process - trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, I took a slap when I looked at your new additions, John! And I also love my new anagram , but you have to know that I'm really bad for selling things irl.
    Hehe, well, at least you still have all of your warehouses then.
    Other people can pay you for space in them and you wouldn't have to sell anything. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Really don't know what else to add, i'm totally stunned by the way all these splendid pieces work so well together! The contrasting wild southern part is a blast indeed. I just love the detailed microcosm you created here John, and it's wonderful to see it coming together step by step!
    Thanks so much Abu It's gonna be a cool city all around, i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Like those cookery shows where they take a finished cake out of the oven, the one they prepared earlier, I'm wondering if this is what's going on here. It's such a rapid pace I'm wondering what processor he has capable of keeping up!
    That might make some of this easier... especially if I could get those darn elves working.... they are on strike.
    Demanding better wages and more time off and access to a better quality of magic and spirits of inebriation.
    Shakes head.... I may have to hire trolls instead.

Here's the next round...
    Check the map to see location numbers....
    By the numbers....
    11 - Lingon - Oligon of Elingroth, painter and food critic
    12 - Abu Lafia - Mar Bulafit, ancient chronicler and bard of the desert
    13 - Warlin - Wara Lindos, high archer and watchman of Zahan
    14 - Sapiento - Sapaltro A-Bariento, wandering swordsman and lawyer
    15 - Tom/Lesopeso - Tlepo Estomo, the virtuoso goblin singer and reknowned orator
    16 - Tonnichiwa - Ihichi Wato, chronicler of Zahan and master scribe from far in the north
    17 - Pixie - Ixipe Lanas, geochronicler of Zul-A-Na, the ancient ones, and reclusive scribe to unseen spirit folk of the fey sort
    18 - Redrobes - Rais-Tul of the Crimson Cloaks, dark prince of underworld activities
    19 - GLS - Gealles Mahni, artisan of Mahan and pilgrim from Svarstjorn
    20 - Ilgoth - Mahal Gohti, artisan of Zul and practitioner of Zulintropy [don't ask]

Ok. That's it for this installment

It has been quite a while since my last update
    I am steadily, slowly, plugging away at this map.
    Slower than I'd like... but I am actively working on it.

It's late so this will be a short update.
    This is still somewhat flat. No shadow or highlights.
    Just some flat colors. But, it's growing.

Toward the end I will post up a version with all of the special locations for the Guild members.
    Here's where I'm at....
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 14_alt1 test16.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	94190

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast