Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

Wip 14 - The Ward of Chiezbehrg [J.Edward]

I thought I'd jump in here and get my thread started up.
    I chose section 14 to map. It seemed interesting and may have a few surprises in the bag before we're through.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 14.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	90930

Haha, I am ready to fall asleep, but maybe coffee will get me going again for a bit.

Edit - a test for Mouse... some reasonable sized building footprints
    One is around 20 by 30 feet, which is not bad.
    And the roads are around 15 feet wide or so.

Name:	Section 14 - 01a test 1.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	90932

I tripled the size of my document.
    Might actually quadruple it... so I can get a load of detail in there, maybe.

Fresh off the press - newly renamed...
    The Ward of Chiezbehrg
    To be a citizen, you will be a Chiezbehrger
    May the Peace of Cheese go with thee.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-10-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks for the information, John. I think I'm probably going to quadruple mine to work on it, then reduce it by 50% before uploading it. Mind you, scale has very little meaning in CC3+. I can go any size I want.

That's handy for later use - scaling any size.

I went with quad... four times the size of the base image.
    It will allow me a lot of options later.
    I am just throwing together some building shapes at the moment.
    May change. It is crowded... but I tend to enjoy that much of the time.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section 14 - 01a test 2.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	90951

I love the layout. It is looking awesome so far, J. Can't wait to see what everything turns into!

You've mapped all day long, to sort the rest of us out, and your still going!

You really are a marvel John, and as if that's not enough its looking really cool

Are those pink lines going to be some kind of garden area?

Guild Expert

I'm curious as to what's in this section, especially in that secret little corner so I can know what to put beside it, I wouldn't want anyone getting any nasty surprises...I can't help but wonder, did something get in through that break in the wall, or did something escape.

And just so you know I took a chunk off the side of this, and stuck it on the side of mine so I could match up the roads, and walls, and get a sense for the building sizes, tho on my side for some reason that wall seems a little wide when I tried to match it up, but I don't know how wide walls are suppose to be so I'll follow you're lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I love the layout. It is looking awesome so far, J. Can't wait to see what everything turns into!
    It will be interesting, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You've mapped all day long, to sort the rest of us out, and your still going!

You really are a marvel John, and as if that's not enough its looking really cool

Are those pink lines going to be some kind of garden area?
    The pink lines are from a lower sketch layer i use to throw out some lines to suggest flow of buildings or direction.
    Then I can go back and chnage them after sketching a more permanent layer above.
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I'm curious as to what's in this section, especially in that secret little corner so I can know what to put beside it, I wouldn't want anyone getting any nasty surprises...I can't help but wonder, did something get in through that break in the wall, or did something escape.

And just so you know I took a chunk off the side of this, and stuck it on the side of mine so I could match up the roads, and walls, and get a sense for the building sizes, tho on my side for some reason that wall seems a little wide when I tried to match it up, but I don't know how wide walls are suppose to be so I'll follow you're lead.
    Ok... looks like the lower section might be an old/ancient part of monastery/grove that may be haunted.. or otherwise dangerous.
    Though... it does not seem to have affected real estate in this part of the city...
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section 14_alt1 test1.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	90980
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-09-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

It's looking good John. I'm looking forward to browsing over it when you complete it. Especially if it ends up anything like Haerlech!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Oh, this is looking very cool already! I love the haunted grove in the ruined parts... apropos Haerlech, you know the single leaves in the grove's trees have to be recognizable!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Expert

This is looking great J. I was hoping for some forest beyond the wall so my scientists, and horticulturalists might have some interesting plants, and animals to study, and do research on.

And thanks for linking it back to me that was really helpful.

Perhaps an old cemetery in that ancient section? would be a good place to dispose of all the failed experiments coming out of my military medical research facility... you know, like most of my WIP threads that never get finished.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast