Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

Thanks Ilanthar

LOL! No. They're about 14 years old, and they're called 'The Ragged Rodents'. If you have a team in your district we'll take you on

Guild Expert

I love the story you have developing around the edges, that's a clever idea, and the map is looking really good.

Thanks Kacey

I haven't got any active neighbours yet to show their developments, and I was looking for a way of including the whole thing on one page - history included.

I've taken the number labels off these WIP versions, but when I upload the finished map to the Finished Maps forum when we are all done here, the labels will magically appear.

Here is todays work. You will see that I am also adding a lot of detail that won't be visible in the final map - the market stalls to the south of the stadium will be little more than blobs, but I know they're there

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas Ward arid 03.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	91516

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Very nice Mouse. All the little detail are really starting to bring it to life.
    I'll know they are there too.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Thank you DarkInfinity

I'm also hoping the cliffs are a bit more convincing this time

Mouse, the details are getting delicious on this piece. The marketplace is so well done!!

I think your problem with the cliffs isn't yet totally resolved. The way I see it, the shadow seems blue, which the brain links to the nearby water straight away. I don't know if you can, but if possible, try making the shadow a bit "yellower" - it could help, and if it doesn't, ctrl-z my idea.

Hey Pixie - thanks

I can't take the credit for the market stalls themselves. They are part of the Bogies Mapping Objects Collection available here for Dundjinni, Fractal Mapper 8, and CC3 mappers (like me)

But I can say that the pavement and arrangement is all my own The pavement texture is available in my 2D texture album here at the Guild (link in my signature), if you are interested in having it.

I can see what you mean about the cliffs. I was deliberately using blue in the shadows because round where I live the limestone cliffs reflect a lot of blue light cast up into the shadows by the sea below. I'll give it a try with a warmer colour in the next WIP to see if that's any better

EDIT: Currently attempting to add a football match to the pitch! This should be fun. These guys are completely tiny, and you probably wouldn't notice if I populated the pitch with CC3 ogre symbols shrunk incredibly small - or for that matter slightly reduced ant monsters.... in fact, since this is a fantasy city, and we do have a certain insect population not too far away, who might be into a bit of footy now and then....
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-20-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Very nice map Mouse. Like your trees - so much better than mine. You building symbol set seems to have worked out well. Players on the pitch woudl be good. You will just have to place a mandatory streaker.

Thanks Red

I created the trees one at a time from layering multiple renders of Vue tree models and adding a bit more shading by hand to them for better depth. Unfortunately, because I only have the free version of the software (Vue Pioneer) I can't use them for anything commercial, and I can't give them away because of the EULA, or I would let you have the full set. (I checked it out with the Vue moderators over at Cornucopia forum).

The building set is only half done just yet, and it is all my own work right from scratch. The symbols aren't smart, and don't click together, but they will by the time I'm done with it. I'm hoping to make it available as fan art from Profantasy once its all in good working order - if they want it, that is

A streaker? Hmmmn... I'll think about that one, though at this kind of scale he or she would only be a flesh coloured spot! LOL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    A streaker? Hmmmn... I'll think about that one, though at this kind of scale he or she would only be a flesh coloured spot! LOL!
    Ahh but we would know they were there !!!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast