Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

Thanks Falconius

I'm leaving the cliff as it is now - with apologies to my neighbours if they find it a bit dark to match up with theirs - sorry GLS and whoever gets number 4!

The images that you (Falconius), Azelor and Red uploaded to the new reference image thread were a terrific help with it - and with the breaks in the ground level. I was wondering how to express the gradual slope down to the lake, and you gave me the answer between you - semi-terraces within the extent of my district - the disruption in ground level being marked by longer grass and a bit of brush... Thank you

Comparing the current WIP with the last one? I do that all the time with other people's maps - take my time matching them up and getting the same zoom level on both pages, then clicking page up/down/left/right the same on both so I get to see every line and dot that's different? I love it! LOL!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Very nice mouse. Excellent job on the cliff. Anyone up for cliff diving? The water looks pretty clean down there.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks DarkInfinity

I'm not so sure the water would really be all that savoury. We have Diamond's graveyard upstream remember! I just like to think the fish would have eaten all the yucky bits before the river gets this far

Diamonds Graveyard is upstream from most of us... Perhaps that's why Redrobes water is so popular?

And why the fishing is really good right here!

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks DarkInfinity

I'm not so sure the water would really be all that savoury. We have Diamond's graveyard upstream remember! I just like to think the fish would have eaten all the yucky bits before the river gets this far
    With all those body parts, I'm sure the water will turn out to be very savoury

Oh yuk! LOL!

Just as well we only use the stuff we extract with the tower to water the pitch, and sometimes the lawns of the well-to-do

I've been gardening all day long

There are also a lot more dormers and chimneys in this one than there were before - a few horses, carts... sheep and pigs as well. I need to adjust the bevel effect on the walls. Its a little harsh at the moment, but I should have it about right next time.

There are only two more areas to do - 'the Graticules' - a very poor area furthest from the waterfront, and the orphanage itself. I've taken the numbers off the map so that they don't get in the way of the composite city map, but the orphanage is the thing that's missing from the top of the scarp I've set up in the west of the ward.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas_Ward_08_compressed.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	5.82 MB 
ID:	91757

This is gorgeous Mouse
    You are going at a splendid rate.
    I need to get busy.
    Will you tackle a second area, after this one?

Guild Expert

wow Mouse, this is the first time I'm seeing this on a big screen, and I'm blown away. I usually do everything on my surface tablet, which is pretty small but I've had to resort to going down to the man cave today, and usually I bock at my other half for needing to have two great big monitors at his computer, but this is really nice. Being able to see all the tiny details you've put into this is really great. I love that you even put little animals around it's so cute, great job so far... I may have to get him to move this computer upstairs so I can see all these details every time I come to the Cartographers Guild, I'm starting to think I've been missing out.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast