Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 - Atlas Ward [Mouse]

Thanks DarkInfinity

As you get used to the different ways we deal with similar issues you'll discover that a lot of it is down to the type of software we use. In this instance I am using Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus (CC3+). There are I think 4 others using the same software, though most are using PS or GIMP
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-10-2017 at 02:25 AM.

I've spent a little time looking at the cliffs, but I don't want to get too carried away until my neighbours get going, so that I won't have to undo to much to match up with them to make the cliffs look good between us.

GLS - When you get started we should share borderline areas with each other like John and Kacey have. Same applies to whoever gets District 4. I've built a water extraction tower in the edge of the lake. I haven't decided how to power the pump but I might use a pair of windmills on that waterfront area and make it into a very small park of some sort. There should be plenty of water for other districts as well, but if you want a pipeline you will have to let me know where these need to cross the boundary. I think it would look interesting having them on the surface, or even as aqueducts. Depends what everyone wants

I've added a couple of trees, though I think they are probably a bit big right now. This is not a problem, since they are symbols and can be moved about and/or reduced in a matter of seconds

I've also pinned out an area for the proposed arena and decided roughly where the posh area and the orphanage are going to be.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V02.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	91012

An orphanage near a big arena? I hope those poor kids aren't "educated" in it...
    Nice work, Mouse.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

What do you plan on doing to the poor orphan's of our fair city Mouse?

So here's a bit of a history lesson. During the Warring States period of Japan, a certain warlord named Takeda Shingen, had one of his Ninja, a woman by the way, start going around the provinces and collecting all of the orphaned children that were left orphans from the constant warring going on around the country.

She brought them all back to Takeda Shingen's lands and gave them a place to live and started training them in the arts of the Ninja. The boys were taught to be field agent ninja who do the work of infiltrating enemy lands and spying on people unseen from places like the castle rafters and such.

The girls were trained in the fine arts of the Geisha and in some cases the arts of seduction. They were then sent out to different warlords and tried to infiltrate their organizations and become the confidant of the enemy warlords. Then they would spy on what he was doing and use a sophisticated network of other spies to get the information back to Takeda Shingen so he could plan what he would do next.

These orphan's were brainwashed into having absolute loyalty for Takeda Shingen under any circumstance because he rescued them from being orphans and gave them a purpose. They weren't sent on these missions while they were children though.

It is said that not a single person he trained in that ninja organization ever turned against him.

Thanks Ilanthar

And where both you and Tonnichiwa are so concerned about my little darlings... I have to admit that though the founder of this particular district in the city was a true philanthropist, he is looong dead now, and those kids come from all over the city, so they could easily be trained and sent out as spies! But... I don't think we have reached such low levels just yet in our district. Don't let everyone know, but we are secretly looking for those among them who may have special talents - telepathy, powers of magic... seriously good mapping skills. After all, maps are valuable documents here, since I don't think we have any satellites to show us the rest of Guildworld in any great detail. People get killed for maps every now and then, and the rich have a tendency to pay quite highly for a half accurate sketch.

We like to think of it as schooling them in all the arts that will enable them to achieve what they want in their adult lives. As for those who have no talents - we teach them to look cute and try to get them adopted by decent loving parents, and some would say they have the better deal.

The orphanage (and in fact the entire district) is funded by the arena. We hold sporting events and shows there which are a major attraction that pull in people from all over the city to come and watch. There's a stage we pull out and set up for the drama's written by our famous bard, Robert Rattlerod, who's latest show, The Midsummer Nightmare, has been making us quite a lot of money! We've even had the king down here on occasion. He's rather fond of some of the sports, and he tips more than we charge for all the other seats put together! There's a band or two as well who book the arena from time to time to practice their stuff, or put on a small show. A couple of them even seem to be quite popular!

Another unfortunate but necessary function of the arena is as a site for those who have disputes to come settle their differences in a safe area where no innocent bystanders can get caught in the fray. We do try to keep it under control, however, by setting up wrestling matches, but we have our own team of gladiators ready to step in and separate them all if they start really killing each other.

This is a nice part of town. We don't do killing here (even though we won't say no to making a profit from it, when it happens).

The arena has a deep bed of fine sand to soak up any blood, and we keep it well raked over

Guild Expert

My scientists have just developed a technology to gauge the level of telepathy a person holds. If you’re orphans can pass a test assuring there fragile minds can handle it then the monks on top the hill would surely train them to harness there powers free of charge, and use them for the betterment of the city. This is after all a community of shared knowledge...Tho a small blood sample, and permission to gather statistics on there progress would be greatly appreciated

I can assure you they won’t be harmed, and if they so choose they can continue there studies, and join the assassins guild of the hilltop monastery to help clear this city of the riff raff causing all those problems you mentioned earlier.

I trust they will be loyal to the cause, as those who oppose it will be subject to further experimentation in the underground lab’s beneath the hills.

And I’m loving the ideas you’re planning for you’re section, seems very interesting so far.

Thanks Kacey

Shall we arrange a meeting to... further discuss the details?

EDIT: you could even bring some of your monks around to show off to the kids if you like. I'll make a day of it - Come and sup some wine with me I the Compass and Rose (er, when I've built it) to plan the event

Well, I haven't built the Compass Rose yet, but it won't be long now.

After looking at J.Edward's marvellous map, I realised that my sense of scale was a little bit off, and revised by thinking about how many houses I could fit on my plot. I don't know if I've got it right yet, but the little tracks and paths roughly outline the extent of little groups of 2-3 dwellings.

I also did some more work on the arena

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V03.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	91071
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-10-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Wow Mouse! I'm loving everything about this map! I see another Merelan coming on

Thanks Tonnichiwa

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast