Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 27 - The Cayadian Enclave [Abu]

I just noticed the first post has been massively updated. An excellent basis. If there's an excess of formic acid the druids and alchemists in 56 might be interested in doing a deal

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!
    @ Chashio: I'm glad to hear that!
    @ Kacey: I try my best to live up to the expectations i ignited
    @ Ilanthar: I thought this was the whole idea behind settling this City project in the Guildworld? (ofc i mean not the "shameless borrowing" but using the world's already established background ) Btw. your ideas about the exiled heretics are very cool and i'll visit your sector pretty soon
    @ Thomrey: The old embassador sadly departed not long ago, the embassy is still bargaining with the Diamantine Order [44] to get a worthy mausoleum for him and his entourage (yes, they all departed too...). It's reported the designated new embassador is arriving in Guild City soon and you bet he'll pay a visit to the "Hideaway
    @ Straf: The last gallon of acid might have been a bit strong, i fear the first post never had any substantial update! But i heard the Dean of the Faculty of applied Metaphysics was asking for more of these exquisite herbs from your archdruid's backyard...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LittleCayadWIP2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	90995

I started mapping down a part of the Souq after sketching and scanning some of the buildings. Well, i just love stairs and bridges, i mean the "Shadow Weavers" should have some fun too, shouldn't they?
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Oh Wow! That's looking incredibly cool!

Its almost an organic development pattern - very easy to get lost in I should think.

I really love the way that all our districts are going to look so very different

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Very nice. I love the style of buildings you are creating here. I'm sure they will be amazing when they are completed. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this grow and become a beautiful piece of art.

And here it is! The Cayad not-so desertic Enclave of all dangers is rising from the ground .

Wanna name the next embassador Klendathu ?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LittleCayadWIP3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	7.21 MB 
ID:	91140
    Here is another update. I worked a bit further on the Souq, started the main tower of the Hall of Higher Learning and adjunct buildings. I'm also quite happy that i'm not that isolated anymore down here in the south-west, as Chashio will do the neighbouring district [26].

Thank you all for the nice feedback, i'm glad you like it so far!
    @Thomrey: That's a nice idea, but i was planning to map a certain planet with that name one day. The new embassador's name is Zuliq, and atm he's worrying about the rumours he heard about his new neighbourhood on his journey to Guild City…
    Map is not territory...

I love this style!

I can already see the myriad floor plans and dungeon maps issuing forth from your district, Abu

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The steadiness of your hand amaze me !

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I love this style!

I can already see the myriad floor plans and dungeon maps issuing forth from your district, Abu
    Thanks Mouse, i'll try to make at least some plans of the tunnels under the mounds and the hill, since they are technically a part of the embassador's palace

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The steadiness of your hand amaze me !
    I worked with the stabilizing effect of the "smooth stroke" function in gimp on the buildings, which i use if i want to have rather straight lines. Often it looks better to me to not use this function, especially if all sorts of terrain are involved. On the scanned pencil sketches in the background you can see my actually not too steady hand.
    Map is not territory...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast