Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 27 - The Cayadian Enclave [Abu]

karst is usually riddled with natural caves, so your engineers won't have too much work to do creating the ambassador's new palace - or the secret passageways between all the different districts of the city!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-13-2017 at 07:37 AM.

These houses are great. The little bridgeways between roofs and the stairways to change levels are just the cats meow. A great little detail.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I really love your buildings! They convey a specific architectural style, they fit together really well, just wonderful…

I have technical questions, but you can totally ignore them, I just really like your lines a lot. I'm guessing you're using a tablet? What sort of settings are there on your brush, how big is it, like does it taper, scatter, cast magic spells? I'm just in admiration. Beautiful work!

cheers,
    Meshon

Praise

Looks like quite the city to me! Does the architectural style change at all in different guild sections?

I'm glad you guys like the buildings so far!
    Here are some more done:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LittleCayadWIP5.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	7.34 MB 
ID:	91241
    The Souq and "University" part are pretty much layed out so far. I'll add more details later. Next will be the Part around the Caravanserai and the Fortress, or the "Anthill"

If someone has suggestions what else to put into the district, just let me know!
    @meshon: It's no higher "brush magic" at all , i'll post a screenshot of these profanities in the next upload.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Expert

This is awesome Abu Lafia, you're line work is impeccable, and I really like the design on that big tower. How do you come up with those names? There really great.

Hi neighbour! Your map design is beautiful already, loving that tower especially. If you have any ideas/plans for that Eastern border towards section 25 just let me know - I'm all ears!

This is looking splendid Abu.

I love the way you don't have any corners anywhere worth speaking about. You're making a far more pleasing pattern with your housing than I will with all my sharp corners, but you have also sparked off another idea I might employ in my patch - an opposite sort of pointy cornered roof design (once I've recovered from generating the basic set of houses I'll be using for the slightly less well off area). So thank you, Abu!

Look at all the little tables and chairs at the Teahouse - must do good steady business around there.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas for the areas in my section near the main road between us, or further in? I have just been plopping in shapes and stuff in an attempt to make it look city-ish but I don't have much of a plan otherwise. Not something I'm used to thinking about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast