Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 - White Hill [Azelor]

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My goodness! Just look at all those slabs!

That must have taken you ages and ages - a labour of love

I'll go and update the Main Index with the name of your district....
    Maybe I'm just getting accustomed to it, but it feel less of a chore compared to my still unfinished Guild World map. I barely started working on roofs. That will take more time.

### Latest WIP ###

More streets added. Most are made dirt are dirty (with rubbles probably) and dry. It makes the map fell dark/dense and I kinda like it.
    I did another test with the wall, this time using rocks instead of blocks of stone (the upmost section near the black spot). I think I'm going to keep that style for the rest of the wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 17.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	91413

Next time I will tell you the story of the Omnomnomancer, one of our most famous denizen.
    Last edited by Azélor; 01-17-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Guild Expert

This is crazy! all those little details in you're roads! How long has this taken you so far? Are you doing them all by hand, or are you using some type of pattern for them?

The details are indeed quite impressive, Azelor!

I'm still doing this with my mouse!
    Still, I used a pattern to do the wall borders and I duplicated several elements including the towers and some of the street pavements, especially on the eastern edge.
    Oh I demolished the pavement around the market, the next one will look prettier, like the one a bit to the south of the said market (around the bell tower).
    Making rectangular pavement takes more time than randomly shaped polygons or pebbles.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	section 17 copie.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	91451

I think I may possibly have said this before, but... OMG! the level of detail is... unbelievable!

How you are doing this with just a mouse defies the understanding.

Ironically - though I've had a tablet since Christmas, I'm still using my mouse on my own map

Small update before the thread falls into page 2...

Now, all buildings structures are properly drawn (for those that have been plotted so far).
    I started working on the hill including settling the elevation and it's pretty complicated. The values are based on the reference value, which is the white area with the 0.
    There is going to be a road with rock and mortar with a gentle slope. The other direction is a stone stair.
    Overlooking the stoneway is a wall similar to this at a 70 degree angle : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...valiers_13.jpg
    It supports an esplanade. I'm not yet sure how the wall is supposed to look like from above with that angle.

Above that there is a religious building. I took a lot of inspiration from a real building (try to guess which one!) yet ended up looking very much like the real one but smaller. It's not definitive yet but I would like feedback is some people feel uncomfortable with it.
    I really like the courtyard in the south, having some sort of transition instead of directly entering the building.

Other than that, the north part is too small to have much built there. I will put a garden and a cimetary above on the other yellow spot. I'll also add a building for the clergy people somewhere. Maybe on the southern high yellow spot? It's pretty secluded.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	section 17 copie.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.08 MB 
ID:	91761

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is fantastic looking! I love how you have filled in the city with tiny stones and dirt and lots of detail.

It looks wonderful, Azelor

The detail is excellent, and the new building looks terrific... if a little bright at the moment! I'm sorry - I've no idea which one you are thinking of, but architecture is one of my weak points

I don't know, I'm thinking Hagia Sophia. Too small, but you said you made it smaller so?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Look at all those little stones on the roads and side streets...

Looking good. (tell me you have a secret for doing those or are you doing all those by hand?)
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast