Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

I really like those hills kacey and everything else of course, although one of the roofs seems to have been partially buried beneath a bit of a hill. Is that intentional or a layers ordering error?
    Those trees are particularly pleasing on the eye.

Guild Expert

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words tho I'm still not sold on those hills, I'll have to fiddle with them some more.

Straf... It's not an error, the library is built into the side of the hill, parts of the building are actually under the hill, and connect to hidden areas with old manuscripts and archives, kind of like the long lost tutorials here on the forum that you really have to dig for to find.

I've just realised where the vision I had for my hills and whatnot came from. I wanted them to look like yours kacey! I just had some vague idea in my head, obviously I'd subconsciously made a mental note of your style and plagiarised it a bit. Or to use an artistic term - you inspired me

I like the old manuscripts and archives and that. Is there some crumbly old curator down there who nobody hardly ever sees but several generations can remember him or her?

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Is there some crumbly old curator down there who nobody hardly ever sees but several generations can remember him or her?
    There is now

I got to echo the others here Kacey, these hills and trees are really beautiful and i can't think of a better way to depict them more fitting to the lovely painterly style you have going here! Love the "plated" roof you have sketched out for the the southern building. You have such a wonderful variety of different rooftops, all fitting the general theme perfectly in my view. Can only encourage you to keep strong working on it. I'm so excited to see it coming together!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

There's nothing wrong with your map, Kacey

I'm seriously looking forward to the next WIP

Guild Expert

Thanks Abu Lafia, and Mouse I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm not sure when I'll have an update, in all honesty I haven't worked on this in about two weeks, I've been focusing all my free time into learning Zbrush, and the Quixel suite. Originally I was doing it to try, and make some perspective pictures of some of the buildings for District 13, and some of the crazy gadgets, and robotic stuff that I envision there. I also thought it would be neat to set up my section using Unreal engine, so I've been learning about that too.

All of this means I have to work on a better computer so I've also been rearranging my whole house to make room upstairs for the desktop which has enough power to do the things I need it too so that's been eating up allot of time too.

In all of this I've come to the realization that I'm just much more comfortable drawing people, and portraits, it's what I've always done before getting into mapping so I'm going to be focusing on characters when I'm just starting to learn the new software...

I just wish I had a community like this one to post wip's, and get critique, and feedback for all of this... I'm kind of feeling a little lost, and in the dark with it right now, but I'm excited at the same time because I've always wanted to learn 3d.

Are there no forums or anything for zbrush users?

It's hard to find forums like this one.

Kacey - some of us have some experience with 3d and some might even have a passing familiarity with Zbrush.
    Start a thread in... the 3D Modeling sub forum here and we can all still help you in what ever way we can.
    It may not be 'mappy' stuff, but I'm sure we'd still enjoy it and the thread might prove useful to others who might want to get into using Zbrush [myself included]

But, it's up to you.
    If you do, just put a link in here so we know where to pop over to.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast