Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Trees? Did I really say that? Oh I'm just hopeless! No - I meant cheese... or whatever takes your fancy with z-brush

People would be nice, yes - and some of these fantastic Atlantean buildings your building on your plot there.

Very nice work with the painting - which bodes well for future Z-brush results
    Cheese now I'm even more confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    That is one gorgeous map you are making for our illustrious Guild City. I'm glad you are still working on it.
    Thanks Tonnichiwa, I made some progress with my other non mapping project so figured I'd break there while I was ahead, and get back to this one, I hope to get another building painted today.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    I would just love to stand over your shoulder and watch you paint that gold edging, you work is amazing and your sketching ability is so beautiful, wish I could draw naturally like that. Keep it up looks great!!!
    Thanks Snodsy, it's funny because I'm always wishing I could get nice clean lines like you do.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Your design is truly jewelery! Your sector is magnificent of details, gold and copper. You put a lot of care to make your buildings, and it really shows in the result, which is magnificent!

I dont have time to follow this, i just skimmed through it.
    Are you gonna leave mapping and do some 3D modeling? Or did i get wrong impression?

I see you still continue this map. I as the others think this is beautiful and would like to see its done someday. No rush though, i am too stuck with my guild map. Drawing buildings is much more exhausting than i though.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Your design is truly jewelery! Your sector is magnificent of details, gold and copper. You put a lot of care to make your buildings, and it really shows in the result, which is magnificent!
    Thanks for the kind comment JO I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I dont have time to follow this, i just skimmed through it.
    Are you gonna leave mapping and do some 3D modeling? Or did i get wrong impression?

I see you still continue this map. I as the others think this is beautiful and would like to see its done someday. No rush though, i am too stuck with my guild map. Drawing buildings is much more exhausting than i though.
    I'm still working on it Voolf, I'm just splitting my spare time, which isn't much at about two hours a day, into two projects so it will just be a little slower is all, but I made some progress on my other project lately so I'm back to working on my Guild City map for now. I've almost finished another building so there should be a new update soon... Drawing the buildings definitely takes longer then I thought it would.

Guild Expert

Just a few more buildings, I changed the colour a bit on the last one because I want to add allot of trees, and I figured it wouldn't stand out against them, and the grass with too much green. I'll save the domes until I'm done all the buildings, they'll probably be green, some may be glass not sure yet, and I'll also tackle the shadows once all the buildings are done too...I know it doesn't look like much, but each little building section takes three to four hours to complete, and with the time I have that means two day's...This is going to take forever.

I'm wondering, since I see most people are doing all there roofs the same colour, should I do them all the more rusty colour, or should they all be slightly different?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City District 13 Hill Test.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	7.05 MB 
ID:	92344

You do your roofs exactly how it pleases you to do them, hun. They're beautiful in any colour. I just love this metal look... though its going to take a fair few orphans working nearly full time to keep them looking nice for you

By no means should you change these roofs
    They're awesome. Screw uniformity.
    I might make a few red roofs... or blue... no red.
    Or maybe black...charcoal grey... slate.. hmmmm....
    well, they won't be same color. That is what I'm getting at.

This is great. No you shouldn't change the roofs. So far it's awesome.

I still really love that light elevation sketch you have in the right corner there.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You do your roofs exactly how it pleases you to do them, hun. They're beautiful in any colour. I just love this metal look... though its going to take a fair few orphans working nearly full time to keep them looking nice for you
    Our orphans are way too smart to be cleaning the roofs, I have other plans for them

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    By no means should you change these roofs
    They're awesome. Screw uniformity.
    I might make a few red roofs... or blue... no red.
    Or maybe black...charcoal grey... slate.. hmmmm....
    well, they won't be same color. That is what I'm getting at.
    Thanks J.Edward, I'll vary the colours too then. It's funny you mention black because I accidentally changed the blend mode, and my roofs turned black for a minute, and it sort of looked neat with the gold edging, but it stood out like a sore thumb with the more muted colours on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    This is great. No you shouldn't change the roofs. So far it's awesome.

I still really love that light elevation sketch you have in the right corner there.
    Thanks Falconius.

Guild Expert

Just a quick update, but I'm having a weird issue with this green line that keeps appearing on the bottom of the map, and I don't know what's causing it. It was at the top the first time, and I figured out that it was on the parchment background layer so I replaced the background, and all was fine... But then it came back only on the bottom, I've fixed it a few times now, but it keeps coming back when I open up the document the next time... What could be causing this???

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City District 13 under overlay.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	7.10 MB 
ID:	92821

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast