Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Guild Expert

Spent some time on my border, there's allot of work, and fixing to be done on it, and just added an inner bevel out of curiosity to set shadows to 160 and see where they fall, I ultimately will be changing it to a hand drawn style, I know it won't be on the zoomable map, but I just can't stand working on a map without at least a glimpse of a border in place.

Did some more planning, still just working through ideas. It doesn't look like there's gonna be space for housing so hopefully who ever is doing the district above me does some in there bottom section. You can think of the text as a list I'm using for things I'd like to add, the names, and layout will probably change.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City District 13 .jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	7.29 MB 
ID:	91093

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looking gorgeous already, Kacey. I always love your border designs, and with what you've got sketched in there already, this piece looks like it's going to be great!

That looks amazing kacey! I love all the different building structures and areas you have planned and that little side view sketch at the bottom and the intricate border against the background. I would love to see this evolve as it happens... with a live-streaming screen video.

Yep, this is gonna be a nice one Kacey.
    I know some of the people might have residence over in Chiezbehrg.
    It would be a short commute. Probably the higher rank people, as Chiezbehrg is maybe a bit expensive, maybe.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

What a lovely border! I agree, I would love to see you draw this in a live stream! Great work!

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Yep, this is gonna be a nice one Kacey.
    I know some of the people might have residence over in Chiezbehrg.
    It would be a short commute. Probably the higher rank people, as Chiezbehrg is maybe a bit expensive, maybe.
    Thanks J.Edward, I don't think the commute, or the price would be a problem for the higher rank scientists, and teachers, and I think they would probably prefer to live outside the campus bounds, not many people want to live where they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That looks amazing kacey! I love all the different building structures and areas you have planned and that little side view sketch at the bottom and the intricate border against the background. I would love to see this evolve as it happens... with a live-streaming screen video.
    Thanks Chashio, I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    What a lovely border! I agree, I would love to see you draw this in a live stream! Great work!
    Thanks Tonnichiwa, I appreciate it, you guys help keep me going when I'm in doubt.

And thanks for the sentiment, but I fear a live stream of this would be exceptionally boring, and you might struggle to stay awake for it because I only have time to actually sit down for any length, and work on it in the middle of the night.

Guild Expert

Just a question... Do you think I could keep the border the way it is, and still do hand drawn on the map itself, or would the embossed metal look clash terribly?

I was wanting to do the same design, but by hand instead of using the inner bevel, but it's kind of starting to grow on me.

That's hard to say... me personally, i would likely hand draw all of it.
    But, i always do that, so it is nothing new or special for me. Also, no more work for me than normal.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Just a question... Do you think I could keep the border the way it is, and still do hand drawn on the map itself, or would the embossed metal look clash terribly?

I was wanting to do the same design, but by hand instead of using the inner bevel, but it's kind of starting to grow on me.
    I like it the way it is. It adds a nice little bit of flair to it. That is really awesome BTW.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast