Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I’d like to avoid the “steam punk” feeling, but I’m not sure it’s entirely possible...
    However it might be categorized, this'll be utterly awesome Kacey! Like the others, i can't wait to see it coming together.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

This is going to be great. You've got a spelling error in Child Psycology Center. Needs an H. I too really wish things like photoshop had spell checkers.
    Last edited by Falconius; 01-12-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Guild Expert

Thanks guys! I feel a little overwhelmed getting such positive comments from some of the most amazing artists. I really look up to every one who commented, you're like celebrities for me so it really made my day... Thank you, the support of the guild really helps me keep motivated.

Guild Expert

I started painting the domes on the library, still so much to do, even just on this building. This is taking much longer then I thought it would.

I'm not sure if those walkways between the domes should be glass covered corridors, or open walkways with gold railings... What do you think?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City District 13 library test.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	7.44 MB 
ID:	91196

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    If that is actually true, then your cartography skills easily make up for it.
    Very nice Kacey! I don't know what it's going to look like in the end, but I actually kind of like the sketchy style you have now. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
    That border is beautiful! How did you make it?
    Josiah, it's just an inner bevel on the border, with a texture, all from the layer styles menu. I drew up the design, and traced over it with the pen tool then stroked it, and filled it with a dusty rose type of colour, I actually find pinks, and purples make nice metals that way, I learned that from the limited colour palette challenge.

I'm actually planning on redoing the border in a more hand drawn style, but if you guy's think it will suit the rest of the map then I may keep it as it is.

Hey Kacey, this looks very cool. I like it. Are you gonna get rid of the lines later ?
    About corridors, i think they are fine as they are, not glass.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Hey Kacey, this looks very cool. I like it. Are you gonna get rid of the lines later ?
    About corridors, i think they are fine as they are, not glass.
    The lines are really just for my own reference, they aren't intended to be part of the map, I'm just too lazy to turn them off every time I update. Normally I hide my planning sketches. They'll more then likely be painted over anyway, but if you guy's tell me to keep them then I will.

I am not trying to force anything on you. Do what works best for you, just wanted to know what to expect later on. I think images without lines require much more work and it is way more challanging. Way to go Kacey.

Oh my, that painting, this is going to be glorious to behold. I'd say try some covered, only because I know that professors like to be pampered.

Oh my! That is just so beautiful - those domes are like dusky pearls

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast