Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Its perfect! I can't wait to see the final outcome. Like John - mine is going to be mostly plain old tiles - three different colours of tiles, but tiles all the same

Those domes are quite beautiful, kacey. I love the pearlescent effect. Can't wait to see more buildings completed in this style.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    I think this is why i like them so much. Seriously, i think these rooftops are looking brilliant Kacey, every building is like a little piece of art! The painterly render is just stunning and it would be unbelievably cool to see the whole district done that way, but i can understand that working two hours on one roof is a bit much. I think the idea to do them all step by step is wise indeed and maybe the best solution. Perhaps you could try it with one complex of buildings first? Hope you get not bored in the progress, because i can assure you, looking at the result is anything but boring! Keep up the wonderful work.
    Thanks Abu, I like you're idea of doing each complex at a time, I'm going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Got to agree with Abu on this one, Kacey. Those rooftops are gorgeous and just imagining the whole piece in that style, I think it would look stunning.

Kacey's army of bugs...

In all seriousness though, it's looking great... And they don't really look like bugs.
    There might be some giant bug's hiding in those hills

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Kacey - these are gorgeous.
    My section is gonna look all dull roofed by comparison - just plain old roof tiles.

I think the new one looks maybe even better than the previous ones.
    They are all so wonderful though. This is gonna be so awesome.
    Thanks J.Edward, tho I'll have to disagree, you're buildings are anything but dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its perfect! I can't wait to see the final outcome. Like John - mine is going to be mostly plain old tiles - three different colours of tiles, but tiles all the same
    I guess I'll have to add some tiles too, just to make it match.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Those domes are quite beautiful, kacey. I love the pearlescent effect. Can't wait to see more buildings completed in this style.
    Thanks ChickPea! I'm glad you like the pearlescent effect, tho it was just a happy accident that made it appear this way, it really wasn't intentional.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Wow Kacey, I wouldn't change a thing. Those domes are absolutely gorgeous! I wish the city I lived in looked like that! Great job on everything in this map!

Those are beautiful kacey! I might get stuck here just staring at them and not get anything else done.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I just want to chime in and say: this is just magnificent! I love what you've done with the place.

Guild Expert

Thanks guy's!

I don't have an update today, but I've been working on a new building, I'm trying to make it a tad more industrial then the others so far, the roof is made of pounded steel, but it's still a little fancy to match. I'm not sure what to call it yet, but it's where they mix metals, and machine all the parts, and doo dad's needed in the robotics department, and for making gadgets, and all the fancy instruments being used in the observatory, and research labs.

I was up early, and was doing some colour experiments, and I think I've almost got it, so hopefully I'll have something to show after tonight... Time permitting.

So it's a foundry... a forge... a mill.... uhm... the Morge Foundry?
    Firldry... Foulge... yeah... uhm... looks about...
    quietly slips back out the back and heads back to the drawing table

Guild Expert

A foundry, yes, that's exactly what it is I just couldn't think of the name... Thanks J.Edward.

kacey this is amazing, those domes are how I'd imagine a futuristic sub-quantum college or research centre to look, for some reason. I imagine the whole place to be lit not by electrickery or gas or anything but by the harnessing and manipulation of the natural energy within the very environment. Perhaps the roads aren't really linear, but are the average paths between two points. Maybe you can walk between the Campus Library and School of Linguistics on one day but the very next you may find yourself at the monastery (which is A before E BTW ) another. Maybe that is the need for an asylum for those who can't cope with forever changing directions

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast