Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 05 - Nantara'Ďendel District [Ilanthar]

Windows 10 is pretty upsetting in many ways. But I actually like it in terms of the way it handles. I did turn off all the telemetry garbage though and do run an anti-telemetry program to keep it all off. Also I have a computer that can handle it. That said, if I could realistically run all the programs I want on Linux, I would.

I think I may have to restart my city section though. It was ok before when I stalled along with all my neighbors , but now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Ok, I'm gonna try to resurrect this and to finish it before the end of 2018 !
    Like! .

I will have my new computer tomorrow, and I'm confident I'm gonna use mostly Linux with it.

Anyway, here are some baby steps (mainly tiles & roofs).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nantara Iendel.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	102023

That must be a lot of work. I mean, I did a lot of details on the map but rarely long straight lines like that. It take a lot of concentration.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As the old Chinese proverb says : « wait for a long time and you’ll become patient ! »

Great stuff !

By Azelor
    That must be a lot of work. I mean, I did a lot of details on the map but rarely long straight lines like that. It take a lot of concentration.
    Not that much. I mean, I'm kinda used to it now. Plus, I found a position that allows me to do it in a way that suits me (a move from bottom left to top right with something like a 60° angle, I think).

By - Jo -
    As the old Chinese proverb says : « wait for a long time and you’ll become patient ! »
    Great stuff !
    Hehe, thanks! I'm usually of the patient kind... except for a few things

A bit more

Views:	45 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	102079

I'm wondering what to do with some glass covered atrium (the dark gray zones of some roofs, here and there). I'm not fond of how they looks right now... I'll probably draw something under, but not sure it's a good thing to keep them this way.
    Any idea?

All the details are so delicate and beautiful. It is as if you stroke the lines into existence rather than draw them.

I really like the idea of the glass atriums. If you do them and they work it will be great. And if they don't? Well - you learn something new

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Not that much. I mean, I'm kinda used to it now. Plus, I found a position that allows me to do it in a way that suits me (a move from bottom left to top right with something like a 60° angle, I think).

Hehe, thanks! I'm usually of the patient kind... except for a few things

A bit more

Views:	45 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	102079

I'm wondering what to do with some glass covered atrium (the dark gray zones of some roofs, here and there). I'm not fond of how they looks right now... I'll probably draw something under, but not sure it's a good thing to keep them this way.
    Any idea?
    You could draw the glass panels, give the glass some opacity but not too much. The glass could be dirty so we see there is something below but we can't see clearly.
    If the glass is clean, you'll have to include something, wooden floor or something.
    Or you can go with opaque glass.

Great style Ilanthar, reminds me one of your previous map. It'll be beautifull with coloration. I'll Keep an eye on this good work.
    Cheers.

By Azelor
    You could draw the glass panels, give the glass some opacity but not too much. The glass could be dirty so we see there is something below but we can't see clearly.
    If the glass is clean, you'll have to include something, wooden floor or something.
    Thanks for those suggestions! I won't go for opaque glass. Right now, I tried some drawings at half opacity. I guess I'm gonna be able to play on shadings later.

By Warlin
    Great style Ilanthar, reminds me one of your previous map. It'll be beautifull with coloration. I'll Keep an eye on this good work.
    Thanks, Warlin! I don't remember to do a city map in this style before, so I'm curious to know which map you were thinking about.

Just a tad more. I'm also testing some base colors, it's without shading and additional details. I've picked a color close to the one Falconius chose for the land & cliff.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	33 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	102110

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast