Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 - Nantara'Ďendel District [Ilanthar]

Wip 05 - Nantara'Ďendel District [Ilanthar]

OK, just throwing some ideas here. My part will be a place for the heretic exiles of my Guildworld country. They are the worshiping the sun, not the moon, and have developped quite a different culture.

I suppose I'll have to discuss with Falconius and Meshon how we deal with the bridge between our parts!

Yeah I was wondering about that bridge. How far up it is etc. It might be best if you just did the whole thing including in our areas or a basic plan and then put the bit's here so we could copy them into ours? Alternatively you can map it to the edge and just leave it hanging and we can pick up from there?

Thanks for you view, Falconius! A hanging bridge is a nice idea... I like the confrontation of different architectural styles, when it's fantasy.
    It's more than a quickie, but this is my probable general district plan. I thought to do the water front partly industrial (toward the river), partly "pretty villas" (near the lake).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nantara Iendel.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	90970

You got a nice font or is it handwritten?

Are the shapes representing individual buildings or blocks of several buildings?

By Azelor
    You got a nice font or is it handwritten?
    You're not the first to ask! Sadly, my handwriting isn't quite good... It's Jellyka le Grand Saut Textual.
    Are the shapes representing individual buildings or blocks of several buildings?
    It's mainly building blocks. But nothing is carved in stone yet, honestly.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

I looked once again at your Janantara Elubor Thread from the Guildworld and have to say i love your idea of the heretic exiles worshipping the sun instead of the moon. I was always fascinated by the social-cultural-anthropologic record of instances were heretics or other deviant social forces went full antagonistic to the majority culture by proclaiming a carnivalesque upside down version of the worldview/ cosmology. Are the exilants sharing their technological affinity with the people from the motherland or are the more sceptical about technological development? The cayadian agents might sniff a chance for industrial espionage...

Btw. that's a pretty nice street layout already and i just wrote that you plan to have some industry, so no worries if one day some Ktlaq guys searching for employment there...
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 01-10-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Yes that bridge can have three different architectural styles! Also I'm okay with one person doing the bridge, for greater… um… coordination! That's it. Great concept so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    …I was always fascinated by the social-cultural-anthropologic record…
    I really love that you just say stuff like this. I'm glad you feel that discussions of mapping can include science and theory and pulp fiction.

Cheers!
    Meshon

By Abu Lafia
    Btw. that's a pretty nice street layout already and i just wrote that you plan to have some industry, so no worries if one day some Ktlaq guys searching for employment there...
    Well, Sun worshippers and people from a Desert are likely to find a common ground, aren't they ? Not sure my industries are adapted to such big dudes, though .

By Meshon
    Yes that bridge can have three different architectural styles! Also I'm okay with one person doing the bridge, for greater… um… coordination! That's it. Great concept so far.
    OK. I'll probably start with the bridge, then. It would provide you and Falconius some subject to let free your madness .

Guild Expert

I like this Ilanthar you're sun worshipers sound really interesting, I'm gonna have to start looking through the GuildWorld threads so I can have an idea of what's been going on around here.

I guess my Dead Sun worshippers will give you some trouble
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skullcolor.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	451.8 KB 
ID:	91051

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast