Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 - Plaza and transmission center [- JO -]

I like where this is going

I just think that the scale might be too small to have some many things. Do the houses fit around the tower?
    Last edited by Azélor; 01-09-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Wow... and that's exactly what J. Edward does : point in the right direction for answers !
    Found it: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...obot-quiz-game

I knew I hadn't just made it up or dreamt it or something. The statue doesn't look like a robot BTW, it was just the way it pointed and the base on it made me have a flash back

Your statue is a far finer piece of work

Its modelled on a far finer man

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I like where this is going

I just think that the scale might be too small to have some many things. Do the houses fit around the tower?
    I see what you mean... I'm not sure yet, but eventually, I don't need those houses around the tower. I can do without

Here's a (very) quick study for the plaza... It's supposed to be the buildings that surround the plaza :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Study plaza.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	91048

Tell me if it's obvious or not : I attempted to represent two rows of columns. One that support beams, the other that supports a roof. This roof is leaning on a long building (that goes all around the plaza, as well as the two rows of columns) The building is higher than the rool and the columns, and at the top of the walls of the building is a crenellation

Between my bad english and my bad drawing, I'm not sure anyone can understand anything...

Well... actually, there is a drawing ISO mode of what I attended to do TOP-DOWN :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11 plaza.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	91050

Except that I added a row of columns (otherwise, we can't see any columns from the top...) and the crenellation on the building

Its all looking very impressive, Jo

I think the first drawing is a little difficult to make out until you look at the second ISO one, but that may also be because there's only a small area being represented in the first drawing, without anything else around it to use as a visual reference point. The brain is a curiously complicated thing - it likes to see the whole building to be able to work out what the shadows mean.

Your drawing style is excellent

I understand it perfectly fine JO and I am sort of a native English speaker. Besides your English is much better than my Switzish

What amazes me about you is even your rough sketches have so much attention to detail. I fear that I would not be allowed in this plaza with my cultural deficiencies - the only refined things in sector 56 are certain botanical extracts, mixtures and derivatives thereof. All purely medicinal, you understand *winks*

HEY !
    EVERYONE is welcome to the plaza !!!!
    That's where all cartographers meet, regardless of culture, tongue, skills, everything !!!
    No one's out !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Jo I love the way you draw. Even your samples are awesome. I need to learn how to color my own drawings (I never show these to people, they're just in my drawing program) so that I can get such beautiful results.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast