Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 53 - The Hustleflow Ward [Voolf]

Wow this looks great, I do like the tiles, but can see it working without, especially since you have interesting roof lines, maybe on the yellow/golden building (ones with little detail) you could add a chimney or something to give it interest, those are the ones that may see stark without the tiles or other element. Either way it looks wonderful

Thanks for suggestions. My original plan was to make sligtly different tiles for every different colour of buildings. Some roofs are simple because they are like sorage etc, without chimneys - yellow ones. I imagine those beeing made from thatch or planks. I must rethink whole idea, as for now it is hard to find a good tiles method mathching straigh lines of buildings. Making them irregular just dosent match, making them with straight lines looks a bit artificial?

I definately want to make tiles because roofs look just too plain without anything.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

You might just try the tiles you made, but smaller ? I liked the way they look and the way you draw them, but for me, it's just a matter of scale
    And I agree with you, you should make tiles
    Otherwise, real nice vivid colors ! I like your work on your district, it'll look just fine !

Maybe... just maybe... there's room for a little colour texture here, rather than line work?

I don't know.

Its what I would do to suggest the tiles if this was my map (I wish). Not as hard and visible as black lines, and only in patches and by hand - not dead straight lines, and not the same over the entire roof. I'm a CC3 mapper, though, and textured colour is what its all about for me.

Please ignore me if this is a crap suggestion

Thanks for the suggestoins so far, i will try both smaller tiles and maybe texture work instead of linework. I will leave tiles for later as now i dont feel like experimenting with them.

Here's river and some more love for trees.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft_v2.3.jpg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	5.62 MB 
ID:	95911

I LOVE that water! How you show the flow of it is just gorgeous... and the waterfall! *Mouse gets all squeaky with excitement*

I just love it

Do you think you might do a tutorial on depicting water top down one day?

Wow, this is looking fantastic.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The map just pops out ! Fantastic !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I LOVE that water! How you show the flow of it is just gorgeous... and the waterfall! *Mouse gets all squeaky with excitement*

I just love it

Do you think you might do a tutorial on depicting water top down one day?
    I think i can, i will keep that in mind, should not be too time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Wow, this is looking fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The map just pops out ! Fantastic !!!
    Thank you

Almost done with the grass. It is super tiresome and take so much time, i am actually starting to think this map is taking too much time already. I can't see the end yet.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft_v2.4.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	5.93 MB 
ID:	95940

Still have to work on grass and then i want to make some slight changes to some roofs, dome in particular. Lastly the tiles !, still have to experiment here. Ah, i really want to finish this one already .

That grass is certainly pretty detailed. Its like you are drawing every tuft. I didn't know you lavished such care on the details like this, but the end result is far superior to the grass in the one before it

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast