Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 53 - The Hustleflow Ward [Voolf]

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Thanks Mouse, well i did not have any idea, but day after day i collect some thoughts and move forward slowly. Right now i am stuck again and have to think what other buildings should be :/
    I am having similar issues. I've been trying to push through it by sketching in rough ideas [lines marks and whatnot that could be interpreted as buildings if you have a very strong imagination ] and then seeing if any of it sticks or sparks another idea.

Hey Chashio, yeah i am trying simillar thing. But somehow anything i draw seems like a bad idea :/ It takes long time before i decide "yeah let's go with that" and start to draw for real

A very tiny update. I found some more time to sit down with it and draw without planning anything

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	91496

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very precise ! Very neat !
    Nice job so far

I feel like I can almost see the young cadets being put through their moves in that big open space around the pond/statue/tree you have there

Thanks Jo, thanks Mouse... and yes Mouse you describe the pond/statue/tree very well, as i have no clue yet what it will be .

Small update - more buildings.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Guild_City_draft.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	91636
    Last edited by Voolf; 01-24-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Looking better and better each time. I can't wait to see the shading and colour!

As for the pond/statue/tree thing - I think a pond would be nice - symbolic of the water? Or perhaps a statue of the commissioner (whoever that might be). How about a big old oak of some kind - its dendritic branches being symbolic of the classic dendritic drainage pattern of the much fabled 'perfect river'?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    As for the pond/statue/tree thing - I think a pond would be nice - symbolic of the water? Or perhaps a statue of the commissioner (whoever that might be). How about a big old oak of some kind - its dendritic branches being symbolic of the classic dendritic drainage pattern of the much fabled 'perfect river'?
    I was leaning towards fountain, but your old oak idea is very nice, i will try that one and see if it works out. Thanks
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

A mature oak is about 40 foot spread, which is a diameter of 8 little squares on the grid, which is only just a tiny bit bigger than you have already drawn

How is that for the oak? Two simple maybe ?

Name:	Guild_City_draft_old_oak.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	295.7 KB 
ID:	91675

It looks fine to me.

You can always add more detail when you get to the stage of shading and colouring everything

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast