Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 16 - Archives Ward and its cold burrows [thomrey]

Wip 16 - Archives Ward and its cold burrows [thomrey]

Here we go, I'm stepping in ! I won't be able to dedicate myself fully to it right away but I guess I can put some basics in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 16.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	546.7 KB 
ID:	90972

Some of the famous places in the district are :

- a brothel called "Les Yeux du Roy" (there'll be an insigne and a floor plan for it) held by (who's in ?) who is secretly The Rex Ribaldorum (king of the ribalds) and also the Ribaldi Regis (ribald of the king) a right hand man of the king (is there any ? Robbie ?) in charge of the underworld.
    - a tavern named "Bogie's Hideaway" where many deals are made by both petty thieves and diplomats. The place is famous for the information that you can find and the discretion that it provide. Bogie, the bartender and owner of the place is secretly a Mnemomancer who acts as keeper of the archives (if that's ok with him .
    - a marketplace faces the gate just outside of the walls on a place with a well (at the bottom, a water spirit gives birth to the underground stream you can see on the map) at it's center.
    - the embassy of the Dead Sun
    - let's not forget Bogie's Mapping Elements (he's everywhere), a big magic shop where you can find everything you dream of but ... are you prepared to pay the price ?

The place is inhabited by people from every layer of the society. There are troglodytes habitations in the cliff and some tunnels are said to go down to the sinkhole lake.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by ThomasR; 01-09-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Here we go, I'm stepping in ! I won't be able to dedicate myself fully to it right away but I guess I can put some basics in place.

Name:	Section 16.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	546.7 KB 
ID:	90972

Some of the famous places in the district are :

- a brothel called "Les Yeux du Roy" (there'll be an insigne and a floor plan for it) held by (casting open) who is secretly The Rex Ribaldorum (and also the Ribaldi Regis) a right hand man of the king (is there any ? casting open) in charge of the underworld.
    - a tavern named "Bogie's Hideaway" where many deals are made by both petty thieves and diplomats. The place is famous for the information that you can find and the discretion that it provide. Bogie, the bartender and owner of the place is secretly a Mnemomancer who acts as keeper of the archives (if that's ok with him .
    - a marketplace faces the gate just outside of the walls on a place with a well (peculiar) at it's center.

The place is inhabited by people from every layer of the society. There are troglodytes habitations in the cliff and some tunnels are said to go down to the sinkhole lake.

That's all for now.
    If there were a king... it might be Robbie, as the castle was to be his pad
    But, his right hand man would seemingly be Red robes
    So, he might be a fit for Ribaldi Regus

I'm welcoming What would be your title ? You deserve one !

And I'll add the Embassy of the Dead Sun (my GuildWorld country to be).
    Last edited by ThomasR; 01-09-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Huh.... I will have to think about that.
    Might be some weird twist on architect or engineer or some such thing...
    But could equally be something more like Gaius Pious Rumpous... who knows

A little bit of trivia :

There was at the French court from the 12th century an official, known as Rex Ribaldorum, king of the ribalds, whose duty was to investigate and hold judicial inquiry into all crimes committed within the precincts of the court, and control vagrants, prostitutes, brothels and gambling-houses.

Hey, we have an free history course in here ! Awesome ideas, Thomas. It immediately makes me want to see your guildworld map as well!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

A little bit of trivia :

There was at the French court from the 12th century an official, known as Rex Ribaldorum, king of the ribalds, whose duty was to investigate and hold judicial inquiry into all crimes committed within the precincts of the court, and control vagrants, prostitutes, brothels and gambling-houses.
    Seems to have been a lucrative job
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

@ Ilanthar : Yeah, I'm a bit late on this one
    @ Abu : yup, sure was

A little bit of trivia :

But not English archers?

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    But not English archers?
    These guys ?

Name:	fortean_times_1476_13-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	91088
    They don't know how to behave

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast