Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 30 - The Water Merchants [Redrobes]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Well you're going to have to move him and re-hide him now you've shown us where he is! Honestly! LOL!

Would you like me to move my streaker just a bit? I hadn't realised I'd covered her up!

EDIT: nice texturing around the water's edge there, by the way
    Ahh you cant move him now ! He's in the finished maps section ! I am going to have to make up a sort of wally now tho. The water edge is some oil painting done for me which I scanned in. Its very cool - I can say that since I didn't do it !!!

You got me thinking now about all the potential textures I've got hanging on the walls around me - my own paintings! LOL!

Shame about the streaker! Oh no - but wait a minute - you can still see the important bit sticking out from behind the 'S'

I'll be looking for that Wally of yours!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Hah, I gave them some gruel with as much water as they wanted ! They will be wanting more than one meal a day soon.

I am not sure about seeing all the detail on the zoom map. It will be more and even if I link to my finished map it has some limits. But since my background texture is only targetted for a moderate sized image I cant realistically go in indefinitely. Incidentally, I took your closeup of the streaker and added it to my map but when you added the text then it went over the streaker so it hid some of it. You can see him (?) on the zoomy map alright tho.

Well heres some incidental images. I dunno why I put these things in but I know they are there. Just a bit of fun really.

I should do wheres wally in my map...
    This is really cool! I decided to do the same with my zoo so a lot of detail might get lost but in my trees I already have about 20 Golden Gibbons

Blog Entries

Hah, we should each put a wally in our maps as a kind of easter egg. I might move him per WIP !

Totally excellent idea! I've never found him before though. What does he look like again?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Hah, we should each put a wally in our maps as a kind of easter egg. I might move him per WIP !
    Yes! Great idea. He will be doing a tour of the city.

Blog Entries

Mouse:
    I havent put one in yet. I am going to need to draw a top down Wally with the red and white bobble hat.

Discovered that the US version is Wheres Waldo ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where%27s_Wally%3F
    http://findwally.co.uk

As noted I might have to put in some red and white diversionaly art as well - just to make it more interesting.

Crane:
    Yeah totally have to do this !
    Last edited by Redrobes; 02-04-2017 at 04:17 PM.

I'm doing it... though I can't in Atlas Ward as that's already finished.

My maps are more colourful than most, so I shouldn't have that much trouble adding him in someplace without it being too obvious

I'll wait to see what you make of the appearance before I draw him.

Blog Entries

I am thinking of having a another not so copyrightable wally to use just to be safe - perhaps something like a blue and yellow striped dragonet or maybe just a redrobed figure... But for now here is a little teaser image with the recognizable one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WaldoDemo.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	92276  

He's really tiny isn't he, and not very contrasty, but I think that should just about be right, because these maps will be examined by quite a few people at point blank range, so he can't be too visible

If you are worried about using Wally the actual Wally, how about we ask Chasio if she would be kind enough to draw us all a really cute and very tiny little dragon - called Wally?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast