Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 07 - Innominate Bluffs of the Polyrapt [Falconius]

Thanks folks!

In theory it's possible if people include enough information, but practically not so much . Ranger has a map where he's experimenting with a 3d elevation map which looks pretty good to me. If people include elevation indications in their maps however it could possibly, maybe, perhaps, be feasible to do an overall terrain map. Once all the maps are assembled of course.

Well mine's going to be really easy to do. Its basically flat and sloping a bit towards the lake, so I guess it would be one of those areas where you could morph the difference between other areas into talking nicely with each other - providing you don't leave me with a cliff tearing down the length of it! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInfinity View Post
    Note to self, lear how to do that. I really like that 3d model you have going on there.
    This is the tutorial series that finally opened it up for me. I did one lesson a day till the end and was then finally able to actually use the program. Still a lot of learning to do of course, particularly on textures and shading, but it gave me a seriously good jumping off point.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This is great, and I'm appreciating the 3D maps, I will do my best to play along when I get working on the water's edge.

cheers,
    Meshon

Just spent 3 hours working on a complicated model for my part of the bridge and I despise it. Truly. So I'll go back to what I originally thought I'd do which should be much simpler anyways. In the meantime however I did get the terrain to about where I want it so I can start populating it with structures I think.

Are you planning to do the whole thing in Blender - textures and all?

(I'm just incurably nosey)

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected ranger's Avatar

wow very cool to see!

mine are just to get a feel of elevation changes on the terrain
    yours looks like it could be used to make a great map!

ive been toying with the idea to build my buildings in 3d on sketchup

i was thinking that would help get shadows to look proper on multi tiered buildings with weird roofs

im looking forward to seeing more!

Hey, I love that view! And your render of my bridge is so close of what I had in mind (I hope you don't have psychic spies... do you?).
    Thanks also for this link to a blender tutorial series. It could be useful if I dare try it seriously one day.

If you really don't like certain parts of what you do in Blender, you could always mostly do it in blender and then work on it in PS/GIMP/your choice of 2D graphic software?

If I can't get where I want to be with my CC3 map (and I will probably get 99% of it done in CC3) I'll probably add all the weathering of the rooftops (lichen and chimney stains and such) in GIMP

No I didn't like the design I came up with, nothing to with with Blender Got too smart for my birches... or something I'll probably end up doing some "post-processing" in GIMP, Inkscape and or Krita (outlines perhaps?).

My goal is to do as much as possible in Blender, because my underlying goal in doing all this stuff in Blender lately is to learn more about it and speed up my work in it. I'll be posting some progress tonight methinks. Finally the manner in which materials and textures work and UV mapping clicked for me. So things should be looking better, though I haven't fully developed the materials being used yet.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast