Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 07 - Innominate Bluffs of the Polyrapt [Falconius]

Your renderings reminded me of Ronda, in Spain, Falconius... here's a picture:

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I just wanted to stop by this thread to say... This is awesome!
    Thank you Kacey.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO -
    So beautiful !
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    Wow..........
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy
    Wow this will so cool, love to see a fly through when it's all said and done - no pressure

Really like the curved colonnade.
    Redrobes
    Yeah ! I second that !!!
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking of cobbling together a flying machine for the camera for a sort of cockpit view. Also since I put in the street lamps in maybe a night time fly through too, I'd probably have to light all the building openings as well as the street lamps to get enough light though. I'm not really sure if my computer can do a quality render of a fly through sequence in a decent time frame. It'll be interesting to find out. Worse comes to worse another computer could be cobbled together out of old parts to run renders.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf
    I'm absolutely gobsmacked here!
    Cool! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshon
    This looks so good! I really like the buildings down the cliff face.
    Thank you. Yeah I always loved those ancient native houses built into the cliff in Mesa Verde. Building things on the cliff it is also leading to new ideas which is good and bad, because they are fun ideas but also mean more modeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie
    Your renderings reminded me of Ronda, in Spain, Falconius... here's a picture:
    Wow, that is supremely inspiring. It makes me want to go to Spain just to see that. I love it.
    -----------------------------
    So I'm cracking away at it and figured out a few more necessary things to put in the section:
    Lamposts, gas lit. These are mostly done.
    Stables, I think near the cross roads I share with Daniel.
    A large factory/smithy down on the river, with piping going up the cliff walls for the stacks.
    And a sorcerers tower replacing one of the cliff buildings.

Not much else to post here, I just got excited about these things so I had to write them down

Alright, so this building with that green roof there is Soesclo and Sons Stables (name needs refining). It doesn't look like much but, that thing took me as much time as it would to do two or three normal buildings. And even after all that I still forgot to turn on smooth shading for the curved surfaces....

Also here you can see the lamposts. I left them all lit since one can't really see the light in the day light anyways. I'm not sure why, but I keep hesitating to put chimney's on the buildings. Also all my colours are too washed out I may be trying too hard to push them into a certain colour range rather than just letting 'em be. I definitely think I want to go with the full red on the kiln made bricks and tiled roofs. And in the meantime I've made all the natural stone way too red....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC CameraPic6.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	91670

Wow! You really are ultra critical of yourself! LOL!

This is brilliant

I only agree with you on one point - that the stone may be a little bit on the pink side?

Guild Expert

I was just about to say there's too much noise in this photograph, but then I clued in that it probably has to do with the texture in you're 3D render... Good job it's very realistic. I actually like the colours, to me it seems like the brick on the building could have came from the land it's sitting on, and I think the curved roof looking like it was placed on in pieces adds to the realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow! You really are ultra critical of yourself! LOL!

This is brilliant

I only agree with you on one point - that the stone may be a little bit on the pink side?
    Way too pink, really it should be yellowish white with grey staining. But I couldn't get the Grand Canyon out of me head.
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I was just about to say there's too much noise in this photograph, but then I clued in that it probably has to do with the texture in you're 3D render... Good job it's very realistic. I actually like the colours, to me it seems like the brick on the building could have came from the land it's sitting on, and I think the curved roof looking like it was placed on in pieces adds to the realism.
    There is too much noise, for the final image I'm going to need to tackle it but for progress shots it ain't worth it as much of what needs to be done involves making render times longer.

About the brick, well, I was trying to make it look like they were related so I'm glad it looks like they are , but it just isn't working for me. I'll have to figure out a final palette at the end, even though when it comes to colour I don't got much sense. The only problem is I keep adding more textures, I think I already got like 20 or something, which is silly, but a common palette should tie it all together I hope.

Okey Dokey:
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	GC CameraPic7.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	91813
    (HDRI lighting from HDRI Haven)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Been spending an enormous amount of time working on the factory and it ain't even finished, but I was enjoying it so I got carried away. So not much else done.

A shot down the valley:

Name:	GC CameraPic8.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	988.6 KB 
ID:	91816
    That's the factory down by the river there. The walkway is going to end at the tower of the local district wizard on that outcrop of rock.

I've been trying to fix the terrain details, obviously with no success. I also notice the lampposts being lit is noticeable when the light point can be seen.

Registration pic for Redrobes:

Name:	Align for GC CameraPic7.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	5.00 MB 
ID:	91814

Oh my word! If this gets any better I'm going to start thinking this city really exists somewhere

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Oh my word is right! Amazing stuff Falconius. I love the way this is coming along and I'm a bit envious that I don't know how to do that.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wonderful !!!!
    It looks so real !
    And all the work you've done for the structure of the cliff... amazing !

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast