Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 - Dreamscape Tower and Market District [Dark Infinity]

Can't wait to see this being planned out

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

To my neighbors that share roads:
    Thoughts on Roads? I am assuming dirt roads, coming from J.Edward's suggestion they should be about 4 squares wide (roughly 20' enough for two passing wagons).
    • Should we go halvesies? each take a lane?
    • Dirt roads with wagon wheel ruts?
    • I'm thinking at least one of these might be somewhat tree lined (I'm looking at you Snodsy) with the underground river there plenty of water for trees, just a thought.

As far as the lake, I think I'm going with Pandora's Pool. I like the alliteration and tying into the idea of the Dreamscape Tower being where the Cartographer mages do their magic I imagine many tears are shed into that lake and many failed projects cast into it, and adding in the evil down below, and the runoff from The Precincts of the Dead, and the scary cliff-side road I think it is fitting. But I'm still open to suggestions.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

I think roads are something we will each have to discuss with neighbours. I only just recently got my first neighbour, so I dictated the colour of my own roads, but I'm willing to fade into the width, colour and texture of my neighbour's roads as necessary to effect a smooth join. If necessary I will do that fading job inside my own boundary, so that the boundary road itself matches perfectly my neighbours roads. The only problem I can see is if I have two adjacent neighbours with very different ideas about roads! LOL!

The intention with the border roads was that it would be easier to do the join in the middle of a road, rather than risk damaging the front line of the buildings on either side, so yes - half each. Mine are already drawn right on top of the borderline. Half will be cut off, but that's ok, because the corresponding half of my neighbours road will also be cut off to match up with mine, and we can both be happy that our buildings will not be damaged, even though they face each other across the road

I think a road is more interesting if its different on each side. I'm looking forward to these little idiosyncratic anomalies - city blocks facing parkland... just like reality

Yikes! With all this crap being tipped in the lakes, there's going to be nothing to drink pretty soon! I think I'm going to have to turn my water tower over in area 3 into a purifying tower (no competition to Red, of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Yikes! With all this crap being tipped in the lakes, there's going to be nothing to drink pretty soon! I think I'm going to have to turn my water tower over in area 3 into a purifying tower (no competition to Red, of course ).
    Yep from the big flow chart it looks like our stuff will be trickling down into the main area. Although I think between bottom feeders and snodsy said something about possibly adding something to clean up in there, it may be pretty safe by the time it gets to your orphans... maybe.

Could you imagine one of those kids bringing in an "animal" bone they found for show and tell and come to find out it's human. Of course they might end up being the coolest kid in town, or one that everyone is afraid of now. Hard to tell how kids will react.

I don't think I'll be cleaning up the lake too much, I'll grind the bones if I have to. With the Fall and the lake, I'll be doing a DAM for POWER OUTPUT, who cares what's in the water! So don't expect me to clean up the mess of you make

Hmmmn.... I think I'll carry on with a water cleaning tower - for my own district, and buy water from Redrobes otherwise.

Ok so this is a smaller scale picture just to do a layout. I'm not touching the bigger final paper till I have this all laid out.

I need to center the tower on the old road so it doesn't end up over the edge of the cliff. and I need the center part of that tower a little larger.

I thought I would do a steep, but still a little slope coming from the tower side cliff (so I can show the cave entrance and it is quite the drop.)

Between the path near 49 there is going to be a shear drop to the water level so I just need to workout with Zarh2 how he want's to do the drop to that mid level.
    I'm planning on stairs for now going back into 49 and up to 43 by the waterfall.

I think I need to make the fenced ritzy part of town a little bigger, maybe all the way to that central statue. But I like my main web of roads to get through the town although they need to be thinner.

Any other thoughts so far.
    Also once I get to a larger scale I'm hitting up some of your threads for ideas on how to draw houses

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-13 13.38.08.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	91217
    Last edited by DarkInfinity; 01-13-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Oh nice! I like the way you have thought to use the cliff and the shore as well as the flat land on top

You've given me a couple of ideas for my district, but I only have a couple of feet of lakeside, so I'm going to have to talk to my neighbours about it first

Looking good! You are braver than I am, planning to do that on paper

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Very nice. I like your progress so far. The way you are drawing your houses looks fine to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast