Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
Looking good! You are braver than I am, planning to do that on paper
Thanks... but not having a touch screen other than my phone to use with a stylus... a mouse just doesn't work well for me... for those that use a mouse in PS or GIMP or anything else I have no idea how you can do that without going crazy. Maybe I just need more practice.

And to be honest I may take a picture before I do any color and play with coloring in some yet to be determined program... maybe not... we will see closer to that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
Very nice. I like your progress so far. The way you are drawing your houses looks fine to me.
Thank you, They are pretty simple at the moment, I'm looking at finer details like with over hangs for windows on the second floor that come out of the roof and other things I have seen done elsewhere. (this page is just too small to think about that yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Oh nice! I like the way you have thought to use the cliff and the shore as well as the flat land on top

You've given me a couple of ideas for my district, but I only have a couple of feet of lakeside, so I'm going to have to talk to my neighbours about it first
Glad I can contribute to your creative design, one thing I have learned in my short time here. The maps that seem to be the most intriguing are the ones that have a plan for every spot, even if that plan is a big forest, it is planned and focused on.

That's what I'm trying to teach myself here. A lot of art projects there is a main focus and a background, places where you can let a little slide, or even not think about. But a map seems to need a bit of focus on every little piece.

Honestly, I've not drawn anything close to a map before I came here, except a couple attempts as a kid playing D&D. But I am a good sponge when it comes to art and artsy things. So every map I see on here is something learned, and something to incorporate.

I'm glad someone can use something from my own work.