Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Wip 40 - Dreamscape Tower and Market District [Dark Infinity]

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 40 Idea 1-1.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	91010

Like most of my work this will eventually be done in pencil... yeah I'm crazy... I may try and clean it up in paint.net and give it a transparent background or something, but trust me it will work out. I think... at least I have a plan to make it work (and get everything to line up)

Anyway, Points of interest:
    Dreamscape Tower - This is where those magicians of Adobe, Gimp, etc. Work their magic to produce some of the most realistically gorgeous maps.

The road was even moved for the construction of this tower, everything had to be in perfect alignment for these fine mages to work their magic. (I'm toying with the idea of having some of the old path still show...)

Around the tower is the richer part of town, the businessmen and aristocrats in their luxurious homes. And a town hall.

Outside of that will be some less than luxurious areas, smaller homes, maybe a blacksmith, some warehouses, a tavern or 3... maybe some farms... still working out the details there.

Around the Intersections of the roads will be the markets. Selling the finest trinkets and magical items this side of district 1.

Down at the bottom of the cliffs will be the outcasts from the towers, they turned to the dark arts. And as fate would have it, they are in a perfect place to claim some, will say lost treasures and other things that have come over the waterfall from district 44.

On the northern side of the falls, there is a cliff-side road, path more likely, It's shorter than going around district 39 (I think that is what's up there I will double check), but a little more treacherous. I'm wondering if that should have a large stone stairway leading back up the cliff, or a rope ladder... we shall see what develops.

I need to do something sinister with the pool there too. It needs a good name, and backstory, mostly about all the stuff coming from section 44...(Sorry Diamond, your setup over there played perfectly into my plans over here.)

Neighbors

39 - Engineering & Power District (Snodsy)

41 - The Old Cartographers' Guild Hall and Administrative Quarter [Robbie]

43 - The Laug Inn and the Ree Members [WarliN]

44 - The Precincts of the Dead [Diamond]

49 - The Botanical Gardens [Zhar2]
    Last edited by DarkInfinity; 01-16-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu