Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 40 - Dreamscape Tower and Market District [Dark Infinity]

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Looking good! You are braver than I am, planning to do that on paper
    Thanks... but not having a touch screen other than my phone to use with a stylus... a mouse just doesn't work well for me... for those that use a mouse in PS or GIMP or anything else I have no idea how you can do that without going crazy. Maybe I just need more practice.

And to be honest I may take a picture before I do any color and play with coloring in some yet to be determined program... maybe not... we will see closer to that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Very nice. I like your progress so far. The way you are drawing your houses looks fine to me.
    Thank you, They are pretty simple at the moment, I'm looking at finer details like with over hangs for windows on the second floor that come out of the roof and other things I have seen done elsewhere. (this page is just too small to think about that yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh nice! I like the way you have thought to use the cliff and the shore as well as the flat land on top

You've given me a couple of ideas for my district, but I only have a couple of feet of lakeside, so I'm going to have to talk to my neighbours about it first
    Glad I can contribute to your creative design, one thing I have learned in my short time here. The maps that seem to be the most intriguing are the ones that have a plan for every spot, even if that plan is a big forest, it is planned and focused on.

That's what I'm trying to teach myself here. A lot of art projects there is a main focus and a background, places where you can let a little slide, or even not think about. But a map seems to need a bit of focus on every little piece.

Honestly, I've not drawn anything close to a map before I came here, except a couple attempts as a kid playing D&D. But I am a good sponge when it comes to art and artsy things. So every map I see on here is something learned, and something to incorporate.

I'm glad someone can use something from my own work.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Had some time
    Playing around with some ideas for the market districts those are supposed to be different size and shape tent type things in a crowded market (maybe they should be smaller?)

And some farms, we need some wheat and barley right?
    That triangle one is supposed to be a stable for horses and a place to run them around a little. with kind of a fence with fence posts... it was the best I could come up with at the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-13 23.29.15.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	91245

I was trying to get an idea of overlaps so I took some time to overlay some things.
    I need to drop mine on a scanner so it's not as skewed, but just to get an idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Neighborhood.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	6.85 MB 
ID:	91391

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Looks like you are doing fine. I'm sure your section will look wonderful when it's done

[QUOTE=DarkInfinity;326570]I was trying to get an idea of overlaps so I took some time to overlay some things.
    I need to drop mine on a scanner so it's not as skewed, but just to get an idea.

This is awesome thanks,

I will scale back my Bridge/Dam to not interfere with your buildings and just touch that side, actually the bridge is a DRAWBRIDGE, that I can control opening and closing this connection (you'll see it on the drawing I am doing in the bottom left.

Also I am planning on the mountain being entirely is on your side (when cropped) the mountain right next to the Drawbridge.

[QUOTE=snodsy;326904]
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkInfinity View Post
    I was trying to get an idea of overlaps so I took some time to overlay some things.

This is awesome thanks,

I will scale back my Bridge/Dam to not interfere with your buildings and just touch that side, actually the bridge is a DRAWBRIDGE, that I can control opening and closing this connection (you'll see it on the drawing I am doing in the bottom left.

Also I am planning on the mountain being entirely is on your side (when cropped) the mountain right next to the Drawbridge.
    If you haven't scaled it back yet, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm making some changes down there anyway. That bridge will make an easy tie in to the two maps.

Blog Entries

There is the overall map which is a sticky post on the main guild city mapping threads and also a big zoom one on a thread on the community pages. I am sure that would have saved you some time. Appologies for not getting your map on it yet tho. As you know its going to be a little tricky until you get it scanned flat. So all of the hand drawn ones will only get very occasional updates. But keep putting in your WIP tags and ill keep my eye on them !
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-18-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Sorry, I've been pretty busy the past few days. Soon as I finish up some final touches on my monthly challenge I will have an update for this.

LOL! You don't need to apologise, Dark.

There's no time limit. We have the best work ethic in the entire Universe - real and fantasy - Here in Guild City, you work when you want to

Hello again.
    I should finally be able to get back to this. ...now where did I leave off... ha ha.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123