Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 26 - Feyward [Chashio]

Wip 26 - Feyward [Chashio]

Figured I should post a thread before I get too far along my sketchy process. Just roughing in potential stuffs at the moment. City/building stuff doesn't come naturally to me, so please feel free to comment and point out things that look hilarious and whatnot. I have very little idea what stuff is/will be/was. Some portion will probably turn into rubble.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 26 WIP1 01 13 2017 KaitlinGray.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	476.6 KB 
ID:	91212

Hey Chashio

That's a fabulous sketch, and you're probably way ahead of some of the rest of us already - me included.

I'll hyperlink you to the index

Thanks Mouse

Oh my, this is already looking wonderful neighbour! Have you any ideas yet about some of the characteristic features of your district? Looking forward to see it unfold!

Edit: i feel a bit relieved that i haven't spotted any noticeable assembly of anteaters for now...
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 01-13-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

It's a wonderful start chashio.
    I always enjoy your sketches. You manage a quality of sketch that is very nice to peruse.
    I will be watching with interest to see where this goes.
    And architecture/building drawing is fun. Really.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Looking good Chashio. This city is really growing up. I need to start catching up.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Oh my, this is already looking wonderful neighbour! Have you any ideas yet about some of the characteristic features of your district? Looking forward to see it unfold!

Edit: i feel a bit relieved that i haven't spotted any noticeable assembly of anteaters for now...
    Thank you Abu! Haha, no, no anteaters. ;D You are safe from anteaters. ... No promises about dragons though.
    I do not have much in the way of ideas yet, no. The state of my current sketch is the state of ideas in my mind atm. Jumbled and incomplete fragments. But it will resolve into clarity sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    It's a wonderful start chashio.
    I always enjoy your sketches. You manage a quality of sketch that is very nice to peruse.
    I will be watching with interest to see where this goes.
    And architecture/building drawing is fun. Really.
    Thanks J - Much appreciated!
    Haha, well, it is something.

Thanks DarkInfinity I am looking forward to seeing yours come together! All the bits in your thread look very interesting.
    Last edited by Chashio; 01-13-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Guild Expert

I'm excited to see this starting, I love you're work, and the sketches look great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I'm excited to see this starting, I love you're work, and the sketches look great so far.
    Thank you kacey! This is a first for me, with buildings/city... and top down view for that matter, so I'm just sort of muddling through and experimenting and whatnot. Actually, I am finding it more fun than when I started it, which is good. Don't know if that will continue when I get to cleaning up and shading, etc...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is looking great Chashio. I love the way you have drawn your buildings. I cannot wait to see this one come together as well. I love looking at the sketching you do before the final product. Watching people's sketches is one of my most favorite part of mapping. I love to see people's ideas as they first come to life.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast